• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crying it out..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies
9 moms liked this
Please enlighten me. I have a hard time believing that parents who use that method are really being the best parents they can be. I think it is lazy, and selfish to leave a poor baby to cry so the parents can do what they want. It seems like a lot of people feel inconvenienced by their children. I would really not like to feel this way about other moms.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I did it. I regret it now...babies grow so fast. Its best to cherish every moment. Cry it out over 1 is ok but not during the first year of life...
Aphrodisiac
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree. The thought of my baby crying just breaks my heart

Aleta775
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM
10 moms liked this

Honestly, with my dd sometimes that was all would could do. I didn't enjoy it at all. But, after making sure she had a clean diaper, she was well feed, and everything else we could think of, we didn't know what else to do. We would sit up with her and try to comfort her for a long time and we would take turns trying to help her go to sleep. The funny thing is, when we let her go ahead and cry for a little bit (no more than ten minutes) she would often go to sleep faster than when we would be trying to comfort her. I think that for some children CIO helps them release any kind of pent up energy and once they expel it, they go right to sleep. We never let our dd cry for a long time before we would go back in and try to help her, but CIO is not as bad or as evil as people think. She learned how to sooth herself and cope without us. I don't see that as not loving my child, or that it gave me or my dh car blanch to do whatever we wanted. Trust me, our ears where always listening for her.  Also, it didn't make sense for her to sleep with us since her bedtime was at 8:30pm and we don't usually go to bed until 10 or 11. Plus, she would get too hot and be uncomfortable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM
They do grow fast don't they? :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I did it. I regret it now...babies grow so fast. Its best to cherish every moment. Cry it out over 1 is ok but not during the first year of life...

whoda007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Only as a last resort.

OutlawMUA
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I agree - even the ones who claim it's "just a few minutes at a time"..

3LittleMonstrs
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM
5 moms liked this
Only as a last resort. I used to run to my dds crib when she was a baby she picked up on that and realized if she cried I'd come running. So we let her cio. 10 mins tops and she was out like a light. After about a week of letter her cio at bedtime she realized I wasn't coming every time she cried. People always made the comment "how do you know if she's not hurt or something" I knew the difference in their cries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I could never do it. Its cruel imo
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM
5 moms liked this
blah blah blah blah blah
redbutterfly666
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

only time i ever did it was a couple days ago when i couldnt calm down enough to make him feel better, he was awake for 8 hours and refused to go to sleep which meant i was up from 12 until 8 in the morning, i had to let him cio for 10-15 minutes so i could calm down 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)