Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ahhh I just found out why luvs diapers are cheaper than huggies!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM
  • 75 Replies
I usually buy huggies for my son but this time i didnt have much $ so i decided to save $2 and i bought luvs. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! i put the diaper on my toddler before going to bed and he decided he didnt want to wear his pj pants so i let him play with his diper on only while i got everything ready for bed. well he then tells me he has to pee but it was too late he peed his diaper so i thoight ok no big deal i'll just change him when were in bed. so he kept playing. when i got him to bed i noticed little gel balls allover the living room carpet so i pick it up & ewww it was gelled up pee! the diaper popped open because my son was dragging himself on the carpet. he sits down on his butt and drags himself with his arms all the time and this had never happened before. that stuff was hard to pick up and not to mention i now have to have my carpet cleaned becausr it smells like pee.

ok ladies make me feel better please tell me your worst diaper stories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whoda007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

A blow out in a new suit bought so he could be ring bearer for a weddinng. He was just toddling and looked so cute. The suit was black but he was RIPE!! Not my story but did happen to my cousin. She was mortified. He had just been changed and we thought he was good to go. EHH not so much apparently.

sweet.lil.mama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Eww. That happened to me with Pampers. Lol Pampers makes luvs. It was so gross! Hm I think the only thing that comes to mind is tabs ripping off when I'm trying to put on the diaper. Happened with huffiest and luvs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM
I like Luvs. I've had the gel things come out with ever sposie brand I've used. I love my cloth diapers :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM
We use cloth diapers but I still use luvs occasionally...theyre awesome :)
LasashaWhite
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM
I use luvs for my son, never had a problem with em! The only thing is if I don't change it immediately than it gets too full and pee starts coming out! But that's my fault!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

my 4 yr old would leak through the white cloud diapers and walgreens diapers

JadedFaerie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I hate Pampers and BabyLuv. We are Huggies people.
born2bAmother
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I actually prefer luvs...because I like the fact they are scented ...and another thing is I hate that huggies diapers feel cold to the touch as soon as you pee in them....that is so gross when my son sits on my lap and I feel this cold semi-moist diaper touching me....lol But I do know the jell balls you are talking about....thats IS disgusting. One time and I still dont know how, but a diaper made it into my laundry so when I open up the washer to put the clothes in the dryer I see all of these pissy clear jell balls all over everything...it took me 3 times to get all that crap off my clothes

my1love
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM

i use loves they are pretty good

ashescee
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM
I use cloth during the day and either Seventh Generation or Earth's Best at night. They both hold up really well with no jelly balls. I used huggies for a little but those balls drove me crazy so I donated the diapers to someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)