Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have Fibromyalgia....Ask me anything.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM
  • 43 Replies

And GO!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dolphin2000
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:06 AM
Does it affect your daily life?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chloebellesmom1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Yes it does. Its a chronic wide spread pain condition. Some days are better than others, but when I have what is called a "flare" often times I cannot even get out of bed and walk due to the pain.

_diva_
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM
My momma has that...its no joke that stuff can keep you down for days...i feel so sorry for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GumDropDiva
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM
I think I have this... But I think it comes in spurts... Is yours like that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatosMa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Doesn't everyone have this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chloebellesmom1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:13 AM

My pain is constant. I do know that some of the ladies in my support group have more "spurts" where it comes and goes in cycles. Mine mimics rheumatoid arthritis. When I have a bad flare the joints in my hands and feet visibley swell to where I get almost a claw hand where I can't straighten my fingers and simple tasks such as typing or buttoning a button is almost impossible.

_diva_
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Have u tried that prescrip they advertise on tv....my momma cant take it due to her surgerys and blood clot probs she has

Quoting Chloebellesmom1:

My pain is constant. I do know that some of the ladies in my support group have more "spurts" where it comes and goes in cycles. Mine mimics rheumatoid arthritis. When I have a bad flare the joints in my hands and feet visibley swell to where I get almost a claw hand where I can't straighten my fingers and simple tasks such as typing or buttoning a button is almost impossible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chloebellesmom1

No, not everyone has this. It is a neurological disorder where the pain signal in the nerves never turn off or rarely turn off. Best way I can describe the pain that I live with when I'm not in a bad flare is the same pain you would feel if you exercised heavily with weights for a good hour or 2 and your muscles are sore. I have that feeling all over, all the time, no matter what.

Quoting CatosMa:

CatosMa
I have it...

Quoting Chloebellesmom1:

No, not everyone has this. It is a neurological disorder where the pain signal in the nerves never turn off or rarely turn off. Best way I can describe the pain that I live with when I'm not in a bad flare is the same pain you would feel if you exercised heavily with weights for a good hour or 2 and your muscles are sore. I have that feeling all over, all the time, no matter what.

Quoting CatosMa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chloebellesmom1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I'm on a medicine similar to the one advertized on T.V. It helps minimize the flares. I'm also on Ultram, Relafen (anti-inflamatory) and a half a dozen vitamin supplements because fibro patients tend to be extremely vitamin deficient that even those who take a regular multivitmin daily need extra b12, vitamin D3, magnesium and zinc.

Quoting _diva_:

Have u tried that prescrip they advertise on tv....my momma cant take it due to her surgerys and blood clot probs she has

Quoting Chloebellesmom1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)