• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So this is abuse, but...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
8 moms liked this

Okay so if you leave your little one hungry or with a dirty nappy, knowing that they need it changed or need to fed it's abuse, right? However, if you leave your child when they need comfort and support it's called a method? 

That just doesn't make sense too me. All three things are needs, but the latter is 'less important'?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOMMY2ACR
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:26 AM
4 moms liked this
Are you talking about the CIO method? I think people have different interpretations of the method. My method of cry it out is letting DD cry for no more than 5 minutes bc if she's not sleeping or being quiet after that long then she just wants some attention. And as her mommy and my SO as her daddy it's our job to give her attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nstroud
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:33 AM
3 moms liked this

When the baby is dry, full , and warm, and asleep when you put her/him down in his/her bed...but wakes up right when you put him/her down, do you still pick him/her up again? I don't. I got to have sleep too. Four hours of sleep and taking care of a toddler too is suicide on the brain for me! 

boo1985
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:34 AM
10 moms liked this

Have you ever had a colicky baby, who only crys louder when you pick him up? I have! My son had horrible colic, all he did was cry. I would make sure all his physical needs were met, and then when that didn't work, i would try to cuddle him, or rock him, and he would cry harder. So I would meet his needs, try my hardest to snuggle him and lay him down. It was the only way HE would get sleep. You should be less judgemental of other people's methods. People do what is best for THEIR family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM
Quoting boo1985:

Have you ever had a colicky baby, who only crys louder when you pick him up? I have! My son had horrible colic, all he did was cry. I would make sure all his physical needs were met, and then when that didn't work, i would try to cuddle him, or rock him, and he would cry harder. So I would meet his needs, try my hardest to snuggle him and lay him down. It was the only way HE would get sleep. You should be less judgemental of other people's methods. People do what is best for THEIR family.

Bloomin CM playing up again.

Anyway at least you tried, some parents just don't try.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting nstroud:

When the baby is dry, full , and warm, and asleep when you put her/him down in his/her bed...but wakes up right when you put him/her down, do you still pick him/her up again? I don't. I got to have sleep too. Four hours of sleep and taking care of a toddler too is suicide on the brain for me! 

____

Of course I'd pick her back up, I'm her mother, it is my responsibility to make her feel cared for, if that means sacrificing some of my sleep than so be it.

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:45 AM
4 moms liked this
We agree to disagree. You will never convince me, I'll never convince you. Let's leave it at that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:49 AM
Quoting SarahLizyB:

We agree to disagree. You will never convince me, I'll never convince you. Let's leave it at that. 
I just want to know why you feel it is any different to any other needs? Not trying to convince you different.
CatosMa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:50 AM
3 moms liked this
I think some people confuse a child's "wants" and "needs".

*infants, of course... are the exception. Like I said, "people confuse a CHILD'S wants/needs"... by "child", I mean... not an infant... And old enough to start manipulating parents for things they "want".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this

My children need something, they get it...PERIOD. I don't withhold affection because it might "spoil" them. pfffft. That's crap.

nstroud
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nstroud:

____

Of course I'd pick her back up, I'm her mother, it is my responsibility to make her feel cared for, if that means sacrificing some of my sleep than so be it.

I'm glad you can do that!!! I couldn't do it...I love my sweet angels and would do anything for them, but in order to take care of them I need to take care of myself too (including sleep). If I'm not attentive during the day at the playground or behind to wheel, or even at home, there are many things that I don't think about that could hurt my tot. I have to have roughly 6 hrs of sleep to clean, play, watch, cook, and take care of myself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)