Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Severe Morning sickness.. HELP!!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:27 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hey mommas a friend of mine is about a month along and is having severe morning sickness and acid reflux, to the point she is loseing weight... Have any of you experienced this and if so does anyone have some tips or pointers I can give her to help ease it??

Anything would be appreciatet :) Thanks!

Braydon Michal       &       Konor Lee

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:34 AM
Totally common symptoms in pregnancy, have her try and drink ginger ale, eat crackers and when she goes to get up from laying down to first sit up, then turn and put her feet on the floor and sit like that for a minute or two, then slowly stand up and be careful of strenuous activites. Also, they sell these pressure point bands at rite aide, I believe it was, and they are little grey bracelets with a plastic knob on each one to put pressure in a certain spot on the wrist, it's suppose to help with morning sickness. Have her carb load a little bit too- carbohydrates can fill you up and settle the stomache, lots of bread to soak up the stomache acid. Try avoiding trigger foods or smells (anything that makes her want to puke) Goodluck to her!!
littlemonaghan
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:35 AM

what she said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally common symptoms in pregnancy, have her try and drink ginger ale, eat crackers and when she goes to get up from laying down to first sit up, then turn and put her feet on the floor and sit like that for a minute or two, then slowly stand up and be careful of strenuous activites. Also, they sell these pressure point bands at rite aide, I believe it was, and they are little grey bracelets with a plastic knob on each one to put pressure in a certain spot on the wrist, it's suppose to help with morning sickness. Have her carb load a little bit too- carbohydrates can fill you up and settle the stomache, lots of bread to soak up the stomache acid. Try avoiding trigger foods or smells (anything that makes her want to puke) Goodluck to her!!

Myguys88
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Thank you so much :D

ericarae8
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:03 AM
I was like this in the beginning of my pregnancy. I lost 20 pounds. :( but, the pressure bands that the other poster was talking about helped me a little. What helped me the most is getting a prescription. I tried EVERYTHING. and finally called my doctor. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Is she able to keep food down at all ? If she thinks she has hyperemesis, she should seek nausea medicine from her doctor. Other wise ginger is suppose to help, crackers ( some help better than others, preggie pops, some people suggest eating before even getting out of bed, don't go long between meals.

Myguys88
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Thank you :)

KristiDLee23
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:24 AM
I used to eat before i got out of bed and that helped. I also sucked on preggie pops but i switched to dum-dums because of the price and didnt notice a dif at all. They totally helped my morning/noon/night sickness.

Oh, the icky parts of pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Myguys88
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:36 AM

lol I know right gotta love the icky parts and all :)

I think I am gonna get her one of the pressure wrist bands and some preggy pops found a really good website that sells them :)

Emadele
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Quoting Myguys88:

lol I know right gotta love the icky parts and all :)

I think I am gonna get her one of the pressure wrist bands and some preggy pops found a really good website that sells them :)

The pressure bands are called sea bands. They are made for sea sickness and motion sickness. They really work. For some more than others but that's with everything. They should be somewhere around the Dramamine in the pharmacy.
AmyRenee1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:46 AM
pickle juice and lemon juice helped my stomach tremendously
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)