• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you just gotta know how to work em!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I love knowing how sales work. Even if it is on a small level! THEY HATE TO BE TOLD NO!
So, keep telling them NO, and your liable to end up with an awesome deal!
Tmobile wanted to sell the Galaxy S2 for over 200 a peice to us, and we picked them both up for 65 TOTAL! After taxes! Ohhh yeahhh!
Can't wait to get our new phones =)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rayroe2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM

how?? I am trying to get me n my hubby a new plan because hes on his brothers family plan n his brother takes money from us says the bill is 70 then it is 65 n so on n he never pays it on time!! 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:03 AM

As a sales person, 

most of the things I've sold I can't go down on the price like that... if you don't want to pay that amount for it, you just can't get it.

I've sold :

DirecTV(Don't ever get it)

Supple

Contour Core Sculpting System

Freeze 24/7

Nordic Track Incline Trainer

Total Gym

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:11 AM
Yeah, I still can't believe it got offered to us!
We turned down the original "deal" that was offered. We were just going to wait and call back (we were renewing our contracts and getting our phone upgrades)... and before she would let us off the line she "pulled a few strings" and offered the super discount!

I worked selling cutlery, and I know sales people have tricks up their sleeves (may not be as flexible with all companies!) It just cuts into commission received. And I think most sales people don't wanna lose their money to cut an awesome deal!
That's been my experience anyways. They usually starts ya out up top and slowly work down to the cheaper option and throw in freebies trying to reel in the sale =)

Quoting hp2011:

As a sales person, 

most of the things I've sold I can't go down on the price like that... if you don't want to pay that amount for it, you just can't get it.

I've sold :

Supple

Freeze 24/7

Total Gym

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Ugh, Cutco.

I worked there for a day and was like THIS IS STUPID lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We turned down the original "deal" that was offered. We were just going to wait and call back (we were renewing our contracts and getting our phone upgrades)... and before she would let us off the line she "pulled a few strings" and offered the super discount!

I worked selling cutlery, and I know sales people have tricks up their sleeves (may not be as flexible with all companies!) It just cuts into commission received. And I think most sales people don't wanna lose their money to cut an awesome deal!
That's been my experience anyways. They usually starts ya out up top and slowly work down to the cheaper option and throw in freebies trying to reel in the sale =)

Quoting hp2011:

As a sales person, 

I've sold :

Supple

Freeze 24/7

Total Gym

I am a mother since May 1st of 2008 to Isaiah

And since January 4th, 2012 to Kelly

And a SAHM since October of 2011

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Lol, yeah, that's them.
I didn't like how they claimed to be non pushy, yet that's all they were!! Gotta do anything to close the deal.
That's my only experience actually selling anything, but the whole experience opened my eyes to the world of sales in general. Lol

Quoting hp2011:

Ugh, Cutco.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

As a sales person, 

I've sold :

Supple

Freeze 24/7

Total Gym

JadedFaerie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I'm a huge bargainer. Comes from being in sales and having a dad who was a car salesman.

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, yeah, that's them.
I didn't like how they claimed to be non pushy, yet that's all they were!! Gotta do anything to close the deal.
That's my only experience actually selling anything, but the whole experience opened my eyes to the world of sales in general. Lol

Quoting hp2011:

Ugh, Cutco.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hp2011:

As a sales person, 

I've sold :

Supple

Freeze 24/7

Total Gym

I work in sales most of the time, and as long as I am a saleswoman, I will never be able to quit smoking.

It's just that stressful.

I am a mother since May 1st of 2008 to Isaiah

And since January 4th, 2012 to Kelly

And a SAHM since October of 2011

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)