Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalista Sahms

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi,

For the frugal sahm did you have to sacrifice some things in order to be a sahm?

Did you decide to quit your job and save on daycare?Was this a difficult choice?

Do you and dh have to budget your finances,cut coupons,shop for sales,or work from home at times? 

Is your lifestyle on one income feasible and happy for your family?

~Tia

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:39 AM

For the frugal sahm did you have to sacrifice some things in order to be a sahm? not really

Did you decide to quit your job and save on daycare?Was this a difficult choice? no

Do you and dh have to budget your finances,cut coupons,shop for sales,or work from home at times? not really, but we do anyway cause thats how we are

Is your lifestyle on one income feasible and happy for your family? yes

Manaroo
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I think we have had to sacrifice some things, but not any needs. When both dh and I worked, my check was pretty much fun money. We went out to eat all the time, went on lots of vacations, things like that. We are still able to do these things, just not as much as we were.

We chose for me to quit my job because we feel it's really important for a parent to stay home.

I have always budgeted, even when we had a lot of disposable income. I do cut coupons and shop sales. I've always been pretty frugal so if I can save money, I do.

Yes, we are very happy with our lifestyle! I wouldn't change it for anything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcm28
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I had to cut out karate for my kids. Eating out. I shut off the 2ed cell phone my dh had.Don't use gas in the car as much. Shut off the house phone. No credit cards or store cards. We buy any clothes on sale and with coupons. My dh works a 2ed job 5 months out of the year ( his choice) at a speedway loves race cars. And we put away any money we can.

lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I own my own business and work from home ontop of owning a business with my husband, I still look for a sale other is a game to me butter also if I find something I really want and it's not on sale I just purchase it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I have sacrificed nothing more than any other parent.  We went into marriage knowing we would be a one income family.  I would be just as frugal if I was a working Mom.  Our finances aren't perfect but we are working on them.  We are currently setting up a home business.  We are raising  chickens, ducks, guineas, peacocks, and currently looking into growing food to sell locally.  We also homeschool to save money.  If I was working my entire income would go to a private education for my boys.  It is very feasable and happy for us.  It is improving all the time money wise.  I value every moment I spend with my family.  They grow up so fast.

jcm28
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

we have only one car

hisgirl616
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM
When I became a sahm it was out of necessity more than anything. My dd was hospitalized and had some major health issues. We sacrificed a lot, but at the time we didn't have a choice. Now I stay home by choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)