Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom nudity vs Dad nudity

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 136 Replies
Moms of girls do your DDs see their Dad naked?

What about Moms of boys? Do your sons see you naked?

My DH won't allow our 4 y/o dd in the room when he changes (which I have no problem with) but I think about when I have a son. I don't think I will have an issue with him seeing me change at 4. Why the double standard? Can anyone make me understand why kids can see mom naked, but girls can't see dad naked?

Thank you everyone for your opinions!! It's been interesting reading all of them 😃
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM
8 moms liked this

there should not be a double standard.  YOU should be modest too.  I read all the comments in here that "we are nude in our house and it's fine".   The kids will NOT necessarily SAY anything about being uncomfortable...

But, you know, you have no clue as to what is being laid down in their brains, to influence them! We do not know or fully understand just HOW fetishes and other strange behaviours get laid into a young person's brains!

We should make an effort to be modest!! You don't have to be a prude, modesty is something else.

But- seriously- I was very young when I was  quite bothered by my Dad walking around in his underwear! I never SAID anything! Kids don't.  How many adults don't speak up either?  on one hand we are raised to be "polite" and we don't say things we think to others.

But for heaven's sake, the kids don't WANT to see their parents stuff. Cover up.  I used to leave and go to my room when my Dad walked around in his underpants. 

perhaps that is what is wrong today- people have NO boundaries- no sense of dignity?

cover up

Jennie_Bean
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

DH never lets our kids see him naked and I try to avoid it. Dd is 4, and she just gaukes at you. And I duno,  babies are ok, but she's big enough she knows that's not something we do is walk around naked..

raegansmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I only have a girl & I try to avoid letting her see me naked, as does dh. My feeling is that I would not want lasting memories of my parents naked so I doubt my kid would either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supernoodle2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM
My dh never let's my dd (4)even see her in his undies, but he is her step dad so I think he just wants to be extra careful. My ds isn't even 2 yet so I don't think it matters yet but I shower with him and so does my dh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
ds is 3 & I am modest but he still sees me get changed sometimes. It doesn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM

my son (18 months) snuck into the bathroom and hopped in the shower with my husband the other day and i thought it was pretty cute to see them naked together :)

i dont walk around naked in front of ANYONE but its not that i have a problem with nudity in general. its more because i hate my body.  i dont look at myself naked much less let my husband see me naked (yeah i am a hardcore lights out only kinda girl) but i know thats my own hang up. 

phrenicfire89
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Idk, they were IN moms body for so long, then came out of a private place, then sucked on the other private place...It's not really a double standard, its just less uncomfortable for mom I suppose. My DH actually doeanst want any of our kids to see us naked... Thats just him. Like showering and stuff.

militarywife09
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Wow your an angry anon on this arent you? My dd doesn't see me naked. No one but DH does cause I hate my PP body. She has seen me change before but not naked.

Quoting Anonymous:

there should not be a double standard.  YOU should be modest too.  I read all the comments in here that "we are nude in our house and it's fine".   The kids will NOT necessarily SAY anything about being uncomfortable...

But, you know, you have no clue as to what is being laid down in their brains, to influence them! We do not know or fully understand just HOW fetishes and other strange behaviours get laid into a young person's brains!

We should make an effort to be modest!! You don't have to be a prude, modesty is something else.

But- seriously- I was very young when I was  quite bothered by my Dad walking around in his underwear! I never SAID anything! Kids don't.  How many adults don't speak up either?  on one hand we are raised to be "polite" and we don't say things we think to others.

But for heaven's sake, the kids don't WANT to see their parents stuff. Cover up.  I used to leave and go to my room when my Dad walked around in his underpants. 

perhaps that is what is wrong today- people have NO boundaries- no sense of dignity?

cover up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM
My DH and his brothers would take showers with their dad (not all together lol) and I dont see that weird.

Quoting tansyflower:

my son (18 months) snuck into the bathroom and hopped in the shower with my husband the other day and i thought it was pretty cute to see them naked together :)

i dont walk around naked in front of ANYONE but its not that i have a problem with nudity in general. its more because i hate my body.  i dont look at myself naked much less let my husband see me naked (yeah i am a hardcore lights out only kinda girl) but i know thats my own hang up. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

men should not be naked around kids...point blank..moms have no choice..wen ur child start asking u about ur parts than it,s time to put some clothes on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)