• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Need party ideas!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Hi,

I need party ideas for my sons 5th bday in April.

I haven't been to any bdays in quite sometime, so not sure what kids are expecting these days...

How do the invites work when ppl have multiple children...are they all expected to join? Or is it rude to exclude? Hehe

Ladtly, if I rent a place is it better to get entertainment for kids vs indoor gym where adults may get bored?

Posting anon so I don't look silly with these questions! Haven't a large part since his 1st and since then just my side of the family and my own family.

Thanks for any advice!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
summerlove3677
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

is your son in school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Quoting summerlove3677:

is your son in school?

Yes!
summerlove3677
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

if you want to invite some kids then you need to call their house. if you dont have their number then you have to invite the whole class. we just had our son's birthday party yesterday. he turned 6

sleezyweezy711
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM
If you want invite his friends from school or just a few friends. You don't have to rent a place if you don't want to. Just to save the extra cost. We are having my ds Bday at the park this year. It's great for everyone! Oh and if he has cousins around his age, invite them too! Decorate a theme that he will really like. Like, his fav cartoon character. Say maybe, spongebob, Cars, Transformers, Spiderman? Just make it fun. It's really for the kids, not the adults. Just worry about making it fun for them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Quoting sleezyweezy711:

If you want invite his friends from school or just a few friends. You don't have to rent a place if you don't want to. Just to save the extra cost. We are having my ds Bday at the park this year. It's great for everyone! Oh and if he has cousins around his age, invite them too! Decorate a theme that he will really like. Like, his fav cartoon character. Say maybe, spongebob, Cars, Transformers, Spiderman? Just make it fun. It's really for the kids, not the adults. Just worry about making it fun for them!

What about clowns or magicians? I'm trying to figure out what would be fun for the kids as an activity?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Quoting summerlove3677:

if you want to invite some kids then you need to call their house. if you dont have their number then you have to invite the whole class. we just had our son's birthday party yesterday. he turned 6

Oh wow! Happy 6th to you mama for doing a good job!

I have a few numbers of classmates, but if I didn't, I still wouldn't invite 28 kids! Way too much cost!! And each would have at least 1parent with them..
sleezyweezy711
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Yes, that sounds good! Are you wanting to spend a good bit of money b/c it's probably going to be costly. That's why I said somewhere like a park or maybe B/K or McDondald's? But do what you wanna do. I'm sure he's going to have a great Bday!!! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sleezyweezy711:

What about clowns or magicians? I'm trying to figure out what would be fun for the kids as an activity?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlg1989
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Go to party city and do a pirate theme! Then u can have a scavenger Treasure hunt and gold doubloon cookies cake! I love theme parties! My DS (2yrs old) i threw him a baby waterpark party last year. Since his bday is in August i got a infant crab pool and 2 toddler pools for $15 and and cheap sand and made a mini beach! I had my friends with babies come over even the 5-8 yrold had a blast!
miss_lisa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting summerlove3677:

Oh wow! Happy 6th to you mama for doing a good job!

I have a few numbers of classmates, but if I didn't, I still wouldn't invite 28 kids! Way too much cost!! And each would have at least 1parent with them..

Ya... I was surprised by this, but a lot of parents will drop their kids off and just leave.

pinkenchanted
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I agree. try a park or some place fun for the kids.who gives a crap abt the adults. its not for them.decorate accordingly. as for guest.try and have a set number.ie 10. ask him who he wants to invite.if u dont have there numbers ask if the school has a phone tree. i like doing paper invites so i know the parents have it written down. u can either hand them to the parents while waiting before or after school or see abt mailing them. i wouldnt do clowns some kids r scared.maybe a magician. and definantly some goodie bags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)