• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for SAHM moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
No bashing intended, just a serious question... do you think that once your kids are older or at some point down the line you will feel like you wish you would've done more for you? Like have a career or just something aside from being a SAHM? I'm not suggesting that SAHM don't do anything but raise children but do you ever feel unfulfilled?

For me, I could never be a SAHM. Its just not in the cards as I am the main breadwinner for my family. Most of me wishes that I could stay home at least until they 1st grade but financially its not possible. I love my career and I can't imagine not having it, but there are two sides to every coin I guess. I miss my kids but it feels good at the same time to be a provider.

Again, no bashing is intended I think everyone makes the decision that is best for them, this is just something I have always wondered.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Nope, ds is almost 11. I homeschool him and I think that's the most important job I could ever do. It's no different then how teachers would feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manderator
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I do lots of things for me even being a sahm.  And I'm not defined by being one.  I am Amanda :D Photographer, comic, gf, friend and AMAZING cook... I never feel unfulfilled... sometimes bored lol but not unfulfilled.

caito
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

If she does, who cares? Most of us think our parents should have done things differently.

blessed.life
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
When my daughter goes to school I plan to get a job :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Colleen86
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

When my kids are older, I will be happy just to be alone again. I will figure it out when the time comes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I didnt say anything negative about it, being that I am on the other side of that fence, I had a question.

Quoting caito:

If she does, who cares? Most of us think our parents should have done things differently.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM
I'm going to school now while DS is little so that by the time I am completely done with school it should be about time for me to start working while he is in school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope. This is my calling, if you will. But that doesnt mean I dont do things for myself. I do lots for myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I wish I could have done something like this. It seems like the "best of both worlds" to me. Unfortunately, it was not possible for me. :)

Quoting blessed.life:

When my daughter goes to school I plan to get a job :)

Ladybugemt
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Im a sahm at the moment and I school online! So I'm gettin my career and get to be a sahm!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)