Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just came to the conclusion that Working moms have an inferiority complex, hence their need to belittle SAHMS!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
They act out, belittle bitch and say all these nasty things like SAHMS are lazy and blah blah, because in actual fact, they are jealous of what we do! (This post excludes those poor unfortunate moms that HAVE to work because of their circumstances, so this is not meant for you), but all the other mothers on here that decide to work because the can't stand to be around your kids.. You are the ones I'm pointing at. So make yourselves feel better for the fact that you would never have the discipline patience and unconditional giving up your whole self for your broods, it's you that end up saying nasty stuff, but in actual fact, you envy us!

We get to be what women were meant to be from the beginning of time, caregivers to our precious families, loving them, raising them with a good solid value system and the knowledge that no matter what, my mom was there for every special occasion, for every need, for every odd question, broken heart, love found, joy days as well as the sad days, and a bond that will last long after they leave the nest. They don't get to hangout with dodgy friends or to get second hand advice from some kid who thinks he knows it all, and so have that deep sense of belonging to something, because there mom decided, money was more important to her than the emotional well being of her sprout.

So go on bash SAHMs as much as you like, we all know it's just a reaction to the envy you feel wishing, you had the guts to do what we do.. Love our kids more than worldly fluff.

JUST MENTIONING again, this excludes the single moms out there without support from a partner that has no choice but work, or those who's husbands does not make enough to carry that burden alone. I know you try your best. My post is for the Selfish amongst us, that would rather be seen wearing her jimmy choos, than raise her own child.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
13 moms liked this

YAWN - I've seen just as many posts with SAHs trying to insult working moms on this site.

miyucamui
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
6 moms liked this

I think SAHMs are lucky they get to stay home all day and just have to worry about maintaining the housework and watching the kids. But everyone's situation is different. But it doesnt mean working moms are better than SAHMs. I don't think I'm better than you. And I'm certainly not jealous by any means. My SO makes enough to where I dont have to work but I choose to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
32 moms liked this

I DONT CARE THAT YOU STAY AT HOME!!!!  CUT THE MARTYR SH*T!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this
Yeah- because SAHMs never do the exact same thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
5 moms liked this

It's not that they chose money over their kids, they want to support them I guess you dont even understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not at all! I truly agree with you, you do get lazy SAHMs as well. What my post is about is the mere fact that working moms seems to have this air around them that they are better than us, and somehow I realised, it's just the opposite way around. They belittle, bitch and be nasty because in actual fact, the feel guilty for knowing that they have chosen money over kids.. So they try to hide that guilt and also perhaps try and convince themselves of their own deception, by belittling SAHMs.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I do not agree. To say that all SAHMs are not lazy is not true. Some are. Just as some people who work are lazy and do half-ass work. I think you sound a little defensive.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
8 moms liked this

I agree with you. I really do believe that children need a parent home with them until they are out of school and on their own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
32 moms liked this
I stay at home and have jimmy choos. :)
Monise78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM
11 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Not at all! I truly agree with you, you do get lazy SAHMs as well. What my post is about is the mere fact that working moms seems to have this air around them that they are better than us, and somehow I realised, it's just the opposite way around. They belittle, bitch and be nasty because in actual fact, the feel guilty for knowing that they have chosen money over kids.. So they try to hide that guilt and also perhaps try and convince themselves of their own deception, by belittling SAHMs.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I do not agree. To say that all SAHMs are not lazy is not true. Some are. Just as some people who work are lazy and do half-ass work. I think you sound a little defensive.

what about the sahms who criticize the working moms? It's not one sided if staying home works for you fine. I am ready to go back to work. I love my children but I want to work.

A man is like a fine wine. He starts out raw as grapes and it's a woman's job to stomp on him and keep him in the dark until he matures into something she'd like to have dinner with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I do all those things too, and my DH works only 5 day weeks and is home for supper by 16:30.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Yes I work so I can have my own car, go on nice vacations and live in a great neighborhood in a nice house. I may not be able to go to every single special event or doctor appointment. Instead they get to enjoy those special moments with their Dad. A dad that can be there because he is not working two jobs to support us.
singlemom1208
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM
9 moms liked this
I don't look down on either. I'm a proud working mom, if I was a SAHM then I'd be proud of that too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)