Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just came to the conclusion that Working moms have an inferiority complex, hence their need to belittle SAHMS!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
They act out, belittle bitch and say all these nasty things like SAHMS are lazy and blah blah, because in actual fact, they are jealous of what we do! (This post excludes those poor unfortunate moms that HAVE to work because of their circumstances, so this is not meant for you), but all the other mothers on here that decide to work because the can't stand to be around your kids.. You are the ones I'm pointing at. So make yourselves feel better for the fact that you would never have the discipline patience and unconditional giving up your whole self for your broods, it's you that end up saying nasty stuff, but in actual fact, you envy us!

We get to be what women were meant to be from the beginning of time, caregivers to our precious families, loving them, raising them with a good solid value system and the knowledge that no matter what, my mom was there for every special occasion, for every need, for every odd question, broken heart, love found, joy days as well as the sad days, and a bond that will last long after they leave the nest. They don't get to hangout with dodgy friends or to get second hand advice from some kid who thinks he knows it all, and so have that deep sense of belonging to something, because there mom decided, money was more important to her than the emotional well being of her sprout.

So go on bash SAHMs as much as you like, we all know it's just a reaction to the envy you feel wishing, you had the guts to do what we do.. Love our kids more than worldly fluff.

JUST MENTIONING again, this excludes the single moms out there without support from a partner that has no choice but work, or those who's husbands does not make enough to carry that burden alone. I know you try your best. My post is for the Selfish amongst us, that would rather be seen wearing her jimmy choos, than raise her own child.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (421-430):
SMRagan
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM
I chose to work because I started working when I was 15 and that is who I am. I tried staying at home and it drove me crazy. Personally, I get irritated at the sahms who say mothers who chose to work outside of the home aren't good mothers. My son was better behaved then 90+% of the kids that I see in stores. I never had to move things I didn't want him to touch, never used safety locks on cabinets. I simply explained that he wasn't supposed to touch certain things and if he chose to touch them he would get in trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CherieB
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM
2 moms liked this

This type of posts always make me a little sad.  I always wonder why women can't seem to just support one another.  Stay-at-home mom or working mom...who gives a flying frick?  The important part here is "MOM"  Why does there have to be a pissing contest about who's life is better/harder/happier/more fulfilling blah, blah, blah.  If you are a mom and you love your kids and you are doing the best that you can, then I think that you are amazing and I support you, whether you stay-at-home, work-from-home, or work-outside-the-home (or whatever other irrelevant label I forgot to mention)!!!!

caitlinb
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

You said it SISTER! What KIND OF HEARTLESS -insert foul word here- can give birth to a baby and choose to NOT be there with their kids? Women with low-self esteem, that 's who. That baby needs you, not some terrible daycare worker, or grandmother that should be enjoying her own time.

4sweetangels
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Well said!
kakmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

It really is a pet peeve of mine that people like you are so hypocritical!  You are mad because you have apparently heard comments where working moms have stereotyped SAHMs and you're mad because not all SAHMs are the same and therefore, shouldn't be stereotyped.  Well, guess what, you just stereotyped all working moms!  I understand you gave a free pass to those who have to work, but you left the rest of us in the same bucket, which is just as wrong as someone putting all SAHMs in one bucket! 

I'm a working mother.  I definitely appreciate the financial help it gives our family, but I'm sure we could figure things out if I chose to stay at home.  Sure, our lifestyle would have to change, but trust me, I'm not walking around in Jimmy Choo's or anything close, so don't think for a second that I work just to buy myself fancy things.  My income goes toward bills and toward my son!  And he's not spoiled either!!  Regardless, I may be a working mom, but I've never made a negative comment about SAHMs in general.  I think every SAHM and working mom should be given the same initial credit, until they have proven otherwise.  It makes me sick reading some of your comments like:

Quote:

because there mom decided, money was more important to her than the emotional well being of her sprout.

Seriously?!?!?  My son's emotional well-being is far more important to me than money ever will be!!!  Just as a side comment, by working, I can afford to send my son to a great preschool/daycare and he has developed skills far greater than some of the kids I know who are stuck at home all day every day with their mom.  He has social skills that he would NOT have if he didn't have the opportunity to be around other kids on a regular basis and in many different types of situations (meaning, occassional play dates don't count).  

Anyway...you're ripping on working mothers for supposedly being the ones who "end up saying nasty stuff", but here you are, saying nasty stuff too!  You are no better than any working mom who has talked bad about a SAHM!  I hope your child(ren) doesn't grow up to criticize other people.  You should be teaching them to be proud of the decisions they've made and stand strong when other people criticize them, rather than sinking to their level and criticizing right back at them. 

Powersmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this
For crying out loud women.... SHUT UP. If you all spent half the time that you spend complaining about each other just being moms and not judging other moms, maybe the working moms could spend more time with their kids and the sahm could get a little bit of a outside life. Is this really nessecary !!!!
hollykins
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM
4 moms liked this

And I say you're a straight up PUSS for being "Anonymous" to post this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Lol they have an easier access to the internet, than the working moms. Oh, I know that some working moms do have internet access while they are at work, but not all of them do.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is blatantly false. You see nasty, bitchy attitudes EQUALLY from both sides. In fact, I've seen many threads where sanctimonious SAHMs start fights by saying all sorts of inflammatory bullshit: working moms aren't real mothers, working moms don't raise their children, working moms are selfish, working moms care more about money than their kids, working moms miss out on all their child's special events, blah-blah-blah.

It makes those SAHMs sound bitter, bitchy, and sanctimonious. And I see it ALL. THE. TIME!

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with that too, but in actual fact, when you read the posts on here the SAHMS are the decent ones, never getting into the characters of working moms, etc. It's only once the WOrk moms get really lowly that Sahms will step in and fight back. But 90% of the bitching will come from working moms.. So you sort of have to ask the question.. Why? Why be so devensive, if you are not feeling guilty.

Quoting Monise78:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not at all! I truly agree with you, you do get lazy SAHMs as well. What my post is about is the mere fact that working moms seems to have this air around them that they are better than us, and somehow I realised, it's just the opposite way around. They belittle, bitch and be nasty because in actual fact, the feel guilty for knowing that they have chosen money over kids.. So they try to hide that guilt and also perhaps try and convince themselves of their own deception, by belittling SAHMs.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I do not agree. To say that all SAHMs are not lazy is not true. Some are. Just as some people who work are lazy and do half-ass work. I think you sound a little defensive.

what about the sahms who criticize the working moms? It's not one sided if staying home works for you fine. I am ready to go back to work. I love my children but I want to work.

caitlinb
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

IF you REALLY LOVED your child it would come first not your work

Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM
3 moms liked this
It is hard to take anyone's point seriously when there is such poor grammar involved. 80% of the posts I read on here seem like they were written by uneducated children!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)