Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just came to the conclusion that Working moms have an inferiority complex, hence their need to belittle SAHMS!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
They act out, belittle bitch and say all these nasty things like SAHMS are lazy and blah blah, because in actual fact, they are jealous of what we do! (This post excludes those poor unfortunate moms that HAVE to work because of their circumstances, so this is not meant for you), but all the other mothers on here that decide to work because the can't stand to be around your kids.. You are the ones I'm pointing at. So make yourselves feel better for the fact that you would never have the discipline patience and unconditional giving up your whole self for your broods, it's you that end up saying nasty stuff, but in actual fact, you envy us!

We get to be what women were meant to be from the beginning of time, caregivers to our precious families, loving them, raising them with a good solid value system and the knowledge that no matter what, my mom was there for every special occasion, for every need, for every odd question, broken heart, love found, joy days as well as the sad days, and a bond that will last long after they leave the nest. They don't get to hangout with dodgy friends or to get second hand advice from some kid who thinks he knows it all, and so have that deep sense of belonging to something, because there mom decided, money was more important to her than the emotional well being of her sprout.

So go on bash SAHMs as much as you like, we all know it's just a reaction to the envy you feel wishing, you had the guts to do what we do.. Love our kids more than worldly fluff.

JUST MENTIONING again, this excludes the single moms out there without support from a partner that has no choice but work, or those who's husbands does not make enough to carry that burden alone. I know you try your best. My post is for the Selfish amongst us, that would rather be seen wearing her jimmy choos, than raise her own child.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Replies (401-410):
drjulee
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow! Mothers are each others worst enemies. I work so my daughters know that women can be or do anything they want. If no women worked, who would be an example to our children? I am a physician (I work part-time). I'm lucky to have the best of both worlds. It didn't come easy though, it took a lot of hard work. I don't feel my way is best for everyone, but it's best for me. I wish you luck what you have chosen too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a work at home mom so that I can stay home with my kidos! And I wouldn't have it any other way! I do not want to miss ANYTHING with them! If anything happens I want to be there for it.

I have had my own mother call me lazy because I refuse to leave the home and work. Do I make as much as her? No. Not at this moment, but with owning my own business now, I could. 

We really don't know what others family situations are to be able to judge what others do. I have seen (in my own family) a VERY lazy SAHM, but I have also seen a very active SAHM as well as Lazy and active working moms.

I don't judge them in hopes that they would give me the same respect (like that ever happens lol). But I know in the end who's kids will behave better. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a working mom, and just for the record I am NOT poor and unfortunate!!  More than 70 % of mothers need to work outside the home, we make it work and spend every waking moment with the kids!

nikki4eva88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Actually "Red Bottoms" are Loubotins. Sorry if youve already been corrected. I'm responding as I read.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Anonymous:

WTF is a jimmy choo?

I guess being a lowly SAHM has cut me off from pop culture...

It's a very expensive shoe, I believe with a red sole on the outside that shows the world that you have too much money and instead of giving it to charity you bought a shoe for several hundred or several thousands of dollars instead.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elizabeth319
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I work and I don't have Jimmy Choos. I guess I'm doing something wrong...

mommie2ava
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I am very offended. I'm a working mom and have nothing against stay at home moms. In fact my mother-in-law hates the fact that I work and I'm not home with my children every hour of the day. I chose a career, that not only am I proud of, but my children can be proud of. I work not because we need the money, but because I want both of my girls to understand that women are capable of becoming anything they want. That includes a mother and house wife if that is something they choose. There is more to just being a wife and mother; there is a big world to explore and I want to explore it. My extra income creates a way for my family to travel and give my kids expierences that most people cannot afford especially in this economy. If anything, God forbid, happens to my husband I will also be able to afford our lifestyle and the children won't be going through a tough change while coping through a difficult time. It took a while for my husband to adjust to me working but now he understands my worries. Oh and I also clean, cook, do laundry, and cook dinner when I get home from work. My children also don't miss me because the go to preschool. We are all home together at the same time doing things as a family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
demonica29
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, before I read these, I am a working mom out of necessity. I haven't seen the ex since my son was 3 months old, nor have I seen a dime. The 19 year old blonde apparently looked better than the 43 year old, slightly sleep deprived mother of his child. Oh well.

My son is my only child, and we are well bonded, even though I'm not with him 24/7. He is also, at age 4, incredibly well socialized and can carry on conversations with all different kinds of people. He spells a number of words, counts to 100 by 1s, 2s and 5s so far, does random acts of math, can explain leverage to you and on and on. On top of that, his birthday is past the cutoff for kindergarten, so he still has a year and a half left of pre-K to go. I don't believe he would have learned nearly as much if I were the only one teaching him. He also has the sweetest, kindest personality, strangers comment on it often, like today at the picnic table when he ran after the woman who had left her purse behind or when he constantly holds doors open for people.

So, could you perhaps be a little more specific about what exactly you think my child is missing out on by not being with me 24/7. Oh, did I mention that he is in karate, music and dance classes, has taken swimming and sports classes in the past and I just signed him up for soccer and computer classes, all courtesy of my mom who makes sure he has the extras I can't afford on my own. What is he missing out on again?

You made yourself looks like a complete idiot by making generalizations about working moms. How is that any better than what you complain about what we say about SAHMs? Both are truly vile. I can't answer the question of whether I would work if I didn't have to, as I have never been in that position, but whatever decision I made, it would be the decision that was best for my child and me.

And since I can't let this go without just a little bit of snark, why on earth would I be jealous of anyone who takes all day to get done what I do in a couple of hours? That's like saying I am jealous of a first year tax preparer who takes 2 hours to finish a simple return, while in the same two hours I have finished a return with a schedule A, 2 sched Cs, 3 dozen 1099Gs and a couple of K-1s thrown in for good measure. I'm sure you get the point, whether you know anything about taxes or not.

ETA: during the short time the three of us were together, the a-hole worked days and I worked part time in the evenings, we had two paychecks and our baby was never with a "sitter". He may have been a son of a bitch, but he took great care of the baby. Of course, my 19 year old blonde friend used to come and help him out sometimes in the evenings, and we all know how that worked out!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Why so vindictive to Working Mother?

I choose to work full time since my DS was in 1st grade and my DD is in pre-school with a great day care facility. Since My kids are at school from 7.30 am until 4 pm, what am I supposed to do during those time? Shopping? Get a manicure? Hang out with my other SAHM friend? Watch TV?

My Housework are done in less than 2 hours per-day, so why not be productive and work? I took a full time job because of that. Plus the perks of having my own money and contribute it to my family.

I also need to have my own identity, and to be able to be myself. I want to be known not just as someone's wife, and keep my own circle of friends.

I still have time to be with my kids, I see them after school like any other Moms (working moms and SAHM ) and be with them all weekends. My Kids sometimes visit me at my office and we would have lunch together or we would hang out before they leave for their extracurricular activities. So far, I think I am always there for every special occasions. I love my kids and at the end of the day, I am always looking forward to see them. My kids are my stress reliever

Hey! I also choose to work so I can pay a cleaning lady three times a week LOL ... and I don't mind using my hard earned money to buy Designer shoes and bags once in a while .... No need to take offense from that, I am blessed and grateful
WildLilli
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Can't we all just respect each others choices???? I'm a sahm, I don't feel like I'm living in the 50s because I am among the lucky ones who gets to spend all day with my baby girl... Also assuming someone who's stays home is incapable of taking care of her family is as ridiculous as this original post.... I am about to start school to further my career which I will start once my children start school...

Everyone has reasons for why they make their life choices... And its completely ignorant for this stupid battle of "who's the better parent"

Quoting Mommy2Bettie:

Wow.  Talk about judging!  

I'm a working mom.  I care more about my daughter (and son due in May) than anything else in the world.  I choose to work.  I work for a family friendly company.  My daughter is in preschool on-site on my company's property.  We get to have lunches together and I don't feel like I'm shafting her at all.  I volunteer in her class.  She gets to interact with other children, learn social skills and still knows that I love her.

This is not the 1950's.  Women can balance both a career and family.  I love when SAHMs talk about the fact that we working moms are letting others raise our kids.  I'm assuming you guys are going to home school or maybe not send your kids to school at all!  Heaven forbid someone else be involved in your childrens' lives, offering them different perspectives and removing them from the sheltering.  

I also hope to God your husband doesn't ever leave you...leave you with no marketable job skills.  I know more than a few SAHMs who have ended up royally screwed when the perfect marriage and family has fallen apart.  

I work so my children can have an amazing education with the best private schools.  I work so I can set them up for success in life.  I work because I have an amazing career that I enjoy.  I work to set an example for my daughter--she can do anything she wants to do in life.  If she wants to be a SAHM when she grows up, that's fine, but if she wants to be a working mother, I'll be just as proud of her.

Get off your high horse and respect everyone's perspective.  Working moms aren't selfish, and I don't envy SAHMs.  Most of the SAHMs I know bitch, moan and complain endlessly that their kids didn't nap today or their kids were acting out.  They talk about parking them in front of the TV for hours.  My kids don't act out, they don't watch a lot of TV, and best yet, my 3 year old can read because she's in preschool learning...

To each her own.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
windwoman21
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Wow your stereo typing also just like the person that set you off on this rampage.

Not all working Moms are nasty, not all can't stand their kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)