Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It annoys me...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
...how everybody who is strict about anything say they are "ocd". Just because you keep your house clean doesn't mean your ocd!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Amen. I was diagnosed OCD for legit reasons. And honestly OCD isnt a walk in the park. It fucking sucks! I have overcome most of it, but I still have some issues that I deal with on a daily basis from OCD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep...they're just anal! lol

Why do people say you can't have your cake and eat it too? Why would somebody get cake if they can't eat it??!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I know, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I know, right?

vanityrayne
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
My house is always clean but only bc I like it that way, makes me feel good and I'm pregnant so I'm nesting..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Seriously! I've seen people with real ocd and it's no joke.

Sorry you have to deal with it.

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Amen. I was diagnosed OCD for legit reasons. And honestly OCD isnt a walk in the park. It fucking sucks! I have overcome most of it, but I still have some issues that I deal with on a daily basis from OCD.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I think its used as an expression
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayRayneCooper
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

This is so true! OCD is a disorder that interferes with your life and it is not specific to cleaning. OCD is a feeling that the person HAS to complete certain tasks in a certain order, certain amount of times or by a certain time or something devasting and catastrophic will happen. People use that term interchangeably with organized though...it is really annoying.

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
AMEN!!! what they mean is "anal". OCD is a true mental illness, not a common phrase for an overly clean house (unless you clean the stove three times, check for a locked door 16 time, etc)
KayRayneCooper
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

That's great that you were able to overcome it. Can I ask you, did you try CBT or medication? I only ask because I have clients that are OCD and I'm not big on using meds to treat MH disorders. I'm more a proponent of using CBT but I'm not sure of its effectiveness and these are my first OCD clients.

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)