Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hard times

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
So here recently things have been extremely tough.. I have more bills coming in than money.. Its getting hard to feed my kids, I havent ate in 3 days, but of course they have. I dont qualify for state assistance and my family doesn't believe in helping, regardless of the situation. I dont know where to turn, i need help.. Im hungry cranky and tired. I work 6 10 hr shifts a wk, and working off of no energy is exhausting me.. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I'm sorry :( Try Angel Food Ministries. You can order boxes of food for pretty cheap. Also, is there a good food pantry anywhere around you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Have you looked up food banks? They usually help out a lot even if you don't qualify for other assistance.

Do you go to church? My in laws have an amazing church, they got a fridge, stove, washer, & dryer for free and the church gave them $500 cash to cone visit before my husband deployed.
miyucamui
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

food bank? do you get wic? 

rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I'm sorry you're going through this! You're a good mom though! Like the other posters said try a food bank and churches. Also, there's gotta be a salvation army around you. I hope things get better for you and your family!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I havent been active in a church since 2002 when my mom passed away, she was who i went to church with.. As for food banks, we have one in our county, and my income doesnt qualify me for help.. So i get to struggle, trying to keep hope everything will be okay, but the hope is slowly drifting away..
babygirl7161
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Find the local chapter of the salvation army. How about wig?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Have you asked your parents? I can't imagine any parent not helping their child.

Do you have a close friend you can turn too? I could never let my child or friend go hungry. Now that I think of it I could not let anybody I know go hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirl7161
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM
*WIC
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Crap. I just looked up AFM to post their info, and they've actually shut down :(
Give me a bit and I'll try to find you another option.

Quoting RissyLee:

I'm sorry :( Try Angel Food Ministries. You can order boxes of food for pretty cheap. Also, is there a good food pantry anywhere around you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
my daughters go to a church with their babysitter, i wonder if theyd help?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)