Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a depressed liar.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
At the start of October 2011, I discovered I was six weeks pregnant with twins. Within a few days, I started bleeding, and miscarried. However, my symptoms continued, and when they did a scan, it showed that I was still pregnant, with just one baby. I also miscarried this child, my daughter. I continued to have symptoms and got a bump, my boobs leaked, I felt movement and I was diagnosed with having a phantom pregnancy. On CafeMom, I tell everyone how excited I am to be a mum, how I can't wait for my daughter to be born, because I can't accept that she's gone. I want to tell the truth, but know I can't do it without hurting people and looking stupid. What do I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM

you tell the truth, even if its not on CM, you need professional help to accept that your child is gone.

are you still pregnant? it cant be a phantom pregnancy if you are still pregnant with one of the twins.

xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Just tell them you had a miscarriage. No one will think your stupid! I've never personally had a miscarriage but I can't imagine how hard it is..And I know many many women here have experianced it. Give them a chance to support you in this, you might be surprised.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your loss momma, I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. The thing is whatever you do don't post this in the Newcommers group because you will be bashed and that's the last thing you need right now, you need friends, support, encouragement and prayers from people who care about you. Please feel free to join my group where you can be honest, won't be bashed at all, but cared about. Just mention that sweetfaith invited you.

kngarber
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Aww that's sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I'm sorry for your losses mama, I can only imagine your pain. Sometimes it's very hard for us to talk to others for fear of being embarrassed or being felt sorry for. But in holding back we are also lying to ourselves. The healing can't even begin until you can admit to your circumstance and feelings about it. I'm sure there are people in your real life as well as on CM who want to be there for you in your time of need. Let them in mama.

singlemom1208
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I'm sorry mama! Just tell the truth and your real life friends and family will be there for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Just announce that you've miscarried and this is a private time for you, no need to go in to detail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM
No, I miscarried them both.

Quoting Anonymous:

you tell the truth, even if its not on CM, you need professional help to accept that your child is gone.

are you still pregnant? it cant be a phantom pregnancy if you are still pregnant with one of the twins.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Thank you to you all for your replies, I know I have to let go and will find it easier if I tell people, I'm just scared of their reaction since it's been 10 weeks
lady1234567
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM
why are u so depressed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)