• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Embarassed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I have a "beard". When I was younger I had hairs on my neck (under chin). I was super embarrassed and since I was young and stupid I shaved it. Bad idea- I know now. Anyway, it's worse than ever and I am at the point where I have to shave it everyday and look like a man. I've tried everything I can think of- all the brands of dipillitories (sp), wax strips, bleaching. Nothing works. It make me very self conscious and I think it is the root of my depression. Anybody know what I can do for it?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MyLittlePwny
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
How bad is it? Like, how. Big is it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I shave it so it's like a 5 o'clock shadow thing.
km1970
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

have you talked to a dr. about it? It could be a hormonal imbalance. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have PCOS? I have the same problem and it b/c of PCOS. I'm prescribed Metformin, but it doesn't work that well. So, yeah, I keep shaving b/c it is the most convenient =/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Wax is the best thing for it, or you can get it lasered.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I haven't talked to a doctor. Have always been too embarassed. Have heard of pcos but no idea what it really is. Have also been told maybe thyroid issue.
_diva_
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Laser hair removal!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaysmommy04
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Lasar hair removal?

jaysmommy04
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I don't think metformin is going to help with hair growth.  The BC might help a little

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have PCOS? I have the same problem and it b/c of PCOS. I'm prescribed Metformin, but it doesn't work that well. So, yeah, I keep shaving b/c it is the most convenient =/

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM
I have pcos and even while I was on metformin I took a pill called Spirinolactone (***i dont know the exact spelling, but I'd you read it out loud, I spelled it exactly how it's pronounced). It took about three months to make a difference, but it cleared up my unwanted hair.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)