Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cheating ... forgivable Or unforgivable? ??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM
  • 54 Replies
So last night me and df went to his sisters house for a mini party.... so the women were in the kitchen and one of them compared lying to cheating. I do not think those two are comparable. So one girl agreed with her saying that its just as bad as cheating ...this was a deep conversation for the next 30 mins because to me cheating isn't something you can accidentally do...you can't just slip up and cheat like you can slip up twist a story and lie.. to me its a conscious decision. Am I the only one who thinks this because a guy walked in the kitchen heard the conversation and admitted that I did have a point... his marriage failed because he cheated and I asked him was it a accident that he cheated. He said yes because he was drunk. So I asked him when he got to where ever the cheating happened did his forget he had a wife. His answer.. no but I was caught in the moment... so I asked him if he had wanted to stop what he was doing could he... he laughed and said maybe. So I went back to my original question was it a conscious decision or a unconscious decision he said conscious. We debated this forever until both of the women said well if I cheated I would want to be forgiven... so my question to you ladies do you feel its forgivable or unforgivable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2love
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM

unforgivable IMO 

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.

John F Kennedy

brittney28
by Brittney on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Unforgivable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami2emily
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the person that was cheated on. If one chooses to forgive and work on the marriage it can be done. To forgive doesn't mean you will forget. Some people can work past the issues and some can't. I can tell you from personal experience that it was not easy, did not happen overnight, but we're now at a point that were happier than ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hache2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I think both lying and cheating are conscious decisions. I think that whether or not cheating is forgivable depends on the couple and if they think they are able to move past it.
Jay9xoxo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Unforgivable. I could never imagine my man touching another woman the same way he touches me. It would eat me alive if I stayed with a cheater.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It would depend on the circumstances but I believe forgivable.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM
It depends on the person, the circumstance, the relationship. Its not black or white IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaeAnne.USAF
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:28 PM
It depends on the circumstances for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM

cheating is in NO WAY IN HELL acceptable. i think lying is not acceptable but on another level not near as high as cheating.

both are wrong, but cheating is not acceptable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)