Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF vs FF

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

I understand the logic behind the debate that babies need to be breastfed because they are human & need human milk. However, there should be more to supporting it and educating women; then simply that.

To say that as your only reason why an infant should be breastfed, is a cope out.

Yes, other species only produce milk from their body to fed their young. But, the ones who are not strong enough to fight against their siblings is left out & become malnourished; which results in death.

I am a full supporter of EBF. I am behind women's rights & supporting breastfeeding friendly places, everywhere.

I believe no women should have shame bf in public. I believe no women should even have to cover up.

It is a natural thing.

Please, keep on standing up against the fight for BF but don't use that has your only reason.

Most women you FF know that "breast is best." Yes, formula is not what you believe in, but there is a way to debate the topic with valid and positive points.

And by bashing women who decide to ff, isn't helping the case. With my first born, I was ashamed to bf. It was not practiced in our family. I did not know the benefits of ebf vs ff. I felt pressured by *my* society to ff. My doctor office didn't even push/educate the issue. They just simply asked "BF or FF?" and then "Breast is Best because it's free."

But, then I became pregnant with my 2nd son. And my mommy group was very open about ebf and the benefits. These women who so proud of ebf. They had no shame and they never once bashed me or belittled me because of my choice to ff my first born. Because of their mature and respectful attitude, it helped me decide to bf my 2nd son. 

So, you may not agree with a mother's choice to FF but you have no idea why she decided that. So before you chastise, open your arms and encourage it.

Who Am I? Here’s my resume: CEO of The Green Household, Masters & PhD in Patience, Non-TV Activity Coordinator, Playgroud Medic, Tantrum & Meltdown Coordinator, Search & Rescue: The Missing Toy Unit, Playdate Social Secretary, CEO: Department of Make Believe, Manners Expert, Personal Shopper, Tooth Brush Inspector, Short Order Cook, Personal Chauffeur, Diaper Coordinator, Personal Stylist, Household Accountant, & President of Kissing a Boo-Boo

{Curtis born 7.15.08} {Carson born 09.22.11} {Married my sweetheart 03.14.08}
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Well put
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Well said darling
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)