Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor baby =( (TMI possibley) Is urgent care necessary? Small edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

She is not feeling well. Yesterday she had major diarrhea(tmi sorry)to the point where it soaked thru her diaper and her pants and ran down her leg. Now this morning she threw up and now she is curled up on our bed sleepin. She is not runnin a fever or actin really sick like. But I still dont like seein her not feel well. My mom says I need to take her to urgent care, but what are they gonna do? She is not running a fever and she only had diarrhea once yesterday and threw up once this morning. Other than that and bein a lil tired she is ok. She is only two and can not tell me whats wrong =(

Since she threw up, she has had some propel and has kept it down. She is still sleepin on our bed and I did the skin test and it went back to normal fine. She threw up her milk if that makes a difference, maybe it just did not agree with her this morning.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilcountrygrl86
by Amber on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

BUMP!

LandonsMommy26
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Her not being able to tell you what's wrong is why you should take her to urgent care if her symptoms persist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilayframe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Might just have a stomach bug. I would only take her in if she could not keep anything down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM
You don't need to take her to urgent care for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbaby1977
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Just make sure she stays well hydrated. Personally I prob wouldn't take her if there is no fever and she is drinking fluids well. You could call the pediatrician if things get any worse or have more episodes an see what the suggest.
Also, my DD always had vomiting/diarrhea but no fever with ear infections. She has had two sets if tubes now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovettm
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Could be a 24 hour bug...see how she feels in the morning..keep her hydrated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momsangel21706
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM
It could be rotovirus. She needs to be hydrated make sure she is drinking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LbH8rproof
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Knowing how I'm a worrisome person I personally would take her. Better to be safe than sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM
My little guy was sick last week, he's 6 months so he could't tell us what was wrong either. He had a fever though. It turned out to be Roseola and he's fine now. I'd just watch her for now, with no fever it's most likely just a tummy bug. If she was listless, super cranky, or you strongly feel something isn't right then go. Moms instincts are rarely wrong. I didn't take ds to the doctor simply because his fever wasn't very high, and he acted pretty normal just a little more fussy because it threw his nap schedule completely out of whack. It's also an illness they can't treat as its viral.

I hope your lo feels better. Just follow your gut.
crispysmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM
How old is your baby? If the baby is under 6 months I would take her to urgent care. Infants can dehydrate easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)