Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really don't like my DH anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Sometimes I really can't stand my DH. When he's not being a jerk, he's a great dad, helps around the house, cooks dinner... But all it takes is the slightest thing to make him mad or defensive, and he turns into an arrogant, cruel, jerk. He taunts me, calls me names, laughs at me, mocks me, and intentionally says things he knows will really hurt me. I don't love him anymore, half the time I don't even like him. I don't want to touch him. I cringe when he touches me. He always wants to hug me or hold my hand and is constantly telling me he loves me. Which just makes me feel like a heel for how I generally feel about him. I'm just so hurt from how he treats me with the slightst provocation that it's getting hard to "get over" each and every time. He apologizes profusely every time. He just doesn't seem to get how after so many years, his apologies really mean squat. When he apologizes for calling me a bitch, then calls me a bitch again 5 seconds later, his next apology for calling me a bitch isn't going to mean much. He does this all the time. He tells me how very sorry he is for losing his temper and being cruel and making below the belt remarks, but then he turns around and does the exact same things again.

Part of me really wants a divorce. But I just don't know if I can do that to my daughter. She is so much a daddy's girl and very sensitive. It would be SO hard on her for us to split. And besides that, I'm a SAHM, we're homeschooling, and have a second on the way. To divorce him might get me out of living with him, but it would also mean giving up everything that means so very much to me. Staying home with my kids and homeschooling them is ten times more important to me than happiness in marriage. I honeslty feel no yearning for a loving spousal relationship. I want my girls. That's it.

I don't know if I even have anything to ask, I just had to get it off my chest and I don't want to drag anyone we know IRL into this.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Today I saw my dh picking his nose!!! Like really digging! It turned me off so much idk if I will ever be able to have sex with him again!
ramimeas1987
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

im kinda the same way with my bf... i still love him but the things he do does anny the hell out of me. he does apologize but i dont take it to heart... Im sorry that your going thru this.

Plus-size-mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM

LEAVE, he is mentally abusing you and will probably continue to get worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM

lol gross! His brain must be itching

Quoting Anonymous:

Today I saw my dh picking his nose!!! Like really digging! It turned me off so much idk if I will ever be able to have sex with him again!

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Have you suggested anger management counseling to him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM
I know exactly how you feel mama.I sometimes can't believe what a horrible man I've married,he wasn't always like this,but now he's turned into this sadist,who sometimes tries EVERYTHING to hurt me.He really digs deep.

I want a divorce sooooo badly!I can imagine the weight off my shoulders and heart the day I don't have to call this idiot my husband!

Be strong girl,learn to shut him out,don't respond to his abuse and he'll get tired of trying to hurt you if it doesn't work.Keep your eyes on the prize,the life you want for your kids.Consider counseling,if it doesn't work,then,reevaluate what you are willing to live with.I'm am!good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Yes. He always acts open to the idea when it's discussed, but then refuses to actually take any steps necessary.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Time for an ultimatum, then. He can't be allowed to continue treating you like this. Even if homeschooling is more important than your happiness, so is your daughters' self-images. They should expect kindness and respect from their partners, not grow up thinking it's okay for a man to degrade and belittle them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. He always acts open to the idea when it's discussed, but then refuses to actually take any steps necessary.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)