Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birth control while nursing toddler

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
What are my options? I think the mini pill and iud? Or have my partner get a vesectomy? I like that option. He's not into that though. I dont want to end up spotting all the time. My periods are already irregular and heavy. I already have bad cramps and mood swings. The pill just makes all of that worse for me.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump
laurenb1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I would talk about an iud because I've heard even if you get the one with hormones, they don't go into the breast milk.. Or they have an iud without hormones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Doesn't it hurt and make your periods allmessed up?

Quoting laurenb1:

I would talk about an iud because I've heard even if you get the one with hormones, they don't go into the breast milk.. Or they have an iud without hormones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump
poietes
by Laura on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh got snipped. I carried 3 boys for 27 months and went through 3 labors. I figured he could endure a 20 min proceedure and feel little to no pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassnadrajones
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmm, Im not sure I didnt BF but heres a bump :]

DH wont get a vasectomy. His theory is that when the planet "dies" he and a small team of men will be the only men who can repopulate the planet. He has watched WAY too many 2012 movies and he is arrogant to boot. Like he would really be one of the only people left. Cant knock him for his wishful thinking. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Like!

Quoting poietes:

My dh got snipped. I carried 3 boys for 27 months and went through 3 labors. I figured he could endure a 20 min proceedure and feel little to no pain.
Xandersmom2011
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I am getting the IUD Paraguard. It doesn't have any hormones and it can stay in up to 10 years.

Xandersmom2011
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

The IUD is uncomfortable being put in, but it doesn't mess your period up if you get the one with no hormones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)