Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New mom need advice please.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Dd is 10 months old and I want to give her juice but my mom says don't mix with water and my grandmother says mix it half and half. Shes only ever had breast milk before but I want to start giving her baby food and juice. thanks for any and all advice :)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbaby1977
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I always mixed my children's juice half water and half juice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
At her age she really doesn't need juice. But if you're going to give it to her 1/2 in 1/2. But really just water is better. A little water.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerlove3677
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

id mix it with water because the first time she might get an upset tummy. shes 10 months old and you havent given your baby food yet?  she really should be eating baby food by now. 

she can have breast milk and baby food

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Why doesn't she?

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

At her age she really doesn't need juice. But if you're going to give it to her 1/2 in 1/2. But really just water is better. A little water.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't matter at 10 months old.  Just juice is fine, mixing it with water is fine.  It's your choice.

MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Juice has a lot of sugar and is not as nutritious as just fruit by itself.

Better to give the actual fruit & not the juice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why doesn't she?

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM
I dont really know what the right answer is. I bought the juice for babies so I didnt water it down. When they were older and starting giving them regular juice i did add water to it.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Simply apple/orange has no add sugar and is not from concentrate (meaning it has no fluoride in it).  It would be the same as giving the baby the actual fruit because most of the nutrients of apples are in the skin.  At 10 months a baby should not be eating apple skins.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Juice has a lot of sugar and is not as nutritious as just fruit by itself.

Better to give the actual fruit & not the juice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why doesn't she?

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM
She has a lot of allergies and the doctor wanted me to wait longer to start trying food and juice. I was just given the all clear friday. I went and got some bananas and some white grape juice. I thought I would try the juice a few times a day for about 3-4 days then do the bananas..... Is that ok? Btw that was not meant to sound sarcastic, I really want to know if that sounds ok. Her doctor didn't really tell me anything but I could start trying stuff.

Quoting summerlove3677:

id mix it with water because the first time she might get an upset tummy. shes 10 months old and you havent given your baby food yet?  she really should be eating baby food by now. 

she can have breast milk and baby food

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I got baby juice thats why I wasn't sure.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

I dont really know what the right answer is. I bought the juice for babies so I didnt water it down. When they were older and starting giving them regular juice i did add water to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)