• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mom issues (mention of drugs) *edit*

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have one of those moms...drug addict and blah blah blah...well i am 24 years old...I was born hooked on drugs, for the first 2 yrs of my life i was in and out of the hospital. My dad got custody of me when i was 4. My dad protected me from my mom but then when i turned 17 i went to rebelling bad. I got married and moved away. I let her back in my life. Then I had my ds and then moved back to nm. then wehn i moved back i felt bad for her cuz she was my mom and she had nowhere to go. I let her move in with me. in like 2 months she decided that she wanted to come home high. My ds was small enough he wouldnt remember but i still didnt want it in my house. I kicked her out. She was then in and out of jail still. so after i had my miscarriage, 2 yrs later, i was a little fed up with putting up with the drama. So i didnt see her but i talked to her on the phone. she found out i was pregnant again. And that i had the baby, my dh was tired of seeing me stressing and that i was just run down cuz of the drama, so he ended it. well my mom has come back into my life after 2 yrs and she didnt know that she had another granddaughter. but she is saying that she is in a rehab center and ready to see us...i know i dont want to take my kids to see her but any advise on whether i should or shouldnt see her?

*edit*

I found out that my mom when living with her when we are small that she made my sister become her prostitute. I dont know what she has she done to me. I am scared that she may have done this to me and it scares me. I talked to my dh about it and he doesnt seem too supportive about me trying to figure it out. I talked to my dad about it and actually confirmed the story that my sis told me and then he also told me that someone told him that if he knew what went on in the house when i was living with my mom he would kill her.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Personally, with all that she has put you through, I would wait until she is sober/ clean for 1 year. Relapse is too  common the first year of recovery.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I deal with this with my kids dad. I dont know what to tell you really. I guess if I wanted to see her I would. It would have to be a netural place and I would not let her know where I lived or my phone number. I would not allow her around my children. I would be very cautious until she proved her self to me by staying clean for at least a year. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)