• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you won 200 million?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
If you won 200 million after taxes what would you buy, invest in, put away for, etc? With me i would put 5 million each away for my dd and ds and they would only get it if they went to college nd spent it on college. Id buy a house, completely furnish it, a car, a truck, put money away for me to finish college, pay off all my debts and set money aside in a bank to collect intrest. And also a whole new wardrobe since i havent bought any clothes for me unless it was underwear/socks or for work in yrs. I would also open up a free clinic that supplied everything from care to medication.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Bump
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I'd give 1 million to each of my siblings, my mom, my dad, my SIl, my BIL, my FIL, and some of my cousins.

I would put 5 million away for each of my kids, and then we'd do some traveling.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I would do exactly what we are doing now.

I may buy a little more silver a month, maybe not.

I wouldn't tell a single soul though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Uhm wow.... I guess $20m of it would go into savings accounts for the kids, I'd pay off all debt, buy q house and new car, buy clothes for the kids in the next 3-4 sizes, pay ahead on bills, pay ahead for an attorney, finish school, buy new furniture for the boys, give my mom and mil some and than the rest into savings..... Although DH would probably want to buy out of his contract (army)
angelbaby1977
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM
First tithe 10% to my church, then pay any bills, give a bit to my family and then the rest would be saved. I would not tell anyone though outside of my direct family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Attorney??

Quoting Anonymous:

Uhm wow.... I guess $20m of it would go into savings accounts for the kids, I'd pay off all debt, buy q house and new car, buy clothes for the kids in the next 3-4 sizes, pay ahead on bills, pay ahead for an attorney, finish school, buy new furniture for the boys, give my mom and mil some and than the rest into savings..... Although DH would probably want to buy out of his contract (army)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Absolutely. Were struggling to pay for one now and its only $5k for the retainer. I'd pay $7k to cover the retainer and whatever it goes over, and put another $20k in savings specifically for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Attorney??

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Oh. Id get an attorney just to make sure my family didnt get the money and stayed away from me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Absolutely. Were struggling to pay for one now and its only $5k for the retainer. I'd pay $7k to cover the retainer and whatever it goes over, and put another $20k in savings specifically for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Attorney??

Quoting Anonymous:

luvcloudydays
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM

buy a big house, dh would get out of the navy, and id open my own theater.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Mines for custody. I wouldn't be worried about anyone in my family or DHs trying anything. Plus I'd make sure to give some to both our parents, and split 1m between my aunt, grandpa, and dhs grandma's. If anything my family would give us a hard time taking the money lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh. Id get an attorney just to make sure my family didnt get the money and stayed away from me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Attorney??

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)