Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"does she watch her video to see how stupid she look?"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you let your child make that video if they were in her situation?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

Cute or shameful?

How do you think this will effect her long term?

Here are just a few comments. Many of them were just flat out fucking mean. 

Fatt Ass Bitch

fucking gross.

does she watch her video to see how stupid she look?

She scared me 0:31-0:32

plezz lord keep that dress down

@calina5356 moooovee from ya so ole bitch a encourage r.... yu nuh c how shi luk like a blutclawt elephant....

look at her fat ass dont knwo how to dance

uhm.. i officially am considered blind now.. how the hell did i go from nicki minaj to this shit!! youtube u have some serious problems letting this vid be up.. shoot me -_-

Rude videos :[

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I doubt it. Many teens suffer from cyber bulling. We all see the suicides and know the life long affects it brings. I think her dancing and having fun was great but posting it was not a smart move.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

She probably doesn't read them and anything on youtube gets a lot of mean criticism. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RiotousDigits:

I'm confused... what "situation" is she in?

She is a bit large and the comments she receives are just REALLY sad. That cant really be okay to just repeatedly see that much hate and rudeness. 

StevensCare4u
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Iwouldnt let my kid no matter what they looked like make a video like this. Her bra is hanging out & her "skirt" is way to short. And also putting it on you tube? Not a chance. If they wanna make fun videos for themselve fine, but not for the internet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Loving yourself and making yourself a target are two different things. Its hard to just not give a fuck. Deep down we both know it hurts even if you put on a brave face. 

Quoting mstkn.identity:

I sure would. Id also teach my kid not to allow what rude assholes think aboyt them effect them.

I was always bullied and picked on for being fat. I let it seriously effect me and hurt me. It held me back.

Though id rather my kids be a healthy weight i will teach them to have fun and enjoy themselves no matter what. I will teach them that whether you are skinny or fat you are beautiful and deserve to enjoy who you are no matter what.

Quoting Anonymous:

In the real world people are not nice. We all know how mean people are. Would you let your child make a video even if you know the kind of negative feedback it would bring? 

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Apparently fat girls shouldnt make videos and dance. If your fat its a shame to have fun.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Cyber bullying involves more than just comments to a video. If they were really effecting her, she can just disable comments.

Quoting Anonymous:

I doubt it. Many teens suffer from cyber bulling. We all see the suicides and know the life long affects it brings. I think her dancing and having fun was great but posting it was not a smart move.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

She probably doesn't read them and anything on youtube gets a lot of mean criticism. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RiotousDigits:

She is a bit large and the comments she receives are just REALLY sad. That cant really be okay to just repeatedly see that much hate and rudeness. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I think it is important for everyone to know that once something goes online, it can stay there for years and it can affect people

Queen_Bree
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I think she likes herself the way she is and is enjoying her silly teenage years.... I think that if you think she looks stupid YOUR stupid! Its people like you who steal their self esteem. 

coffeebeansgurl
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM
She is cute !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KarmicChild
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I would not allow my child to post a video of herself online anyway.  Period.

As well, if I have anything to say about it, my daughter will never be obese.  I have struggled with obesity since my teens, and I am doing everything in my power to instill healthy eating habits in her, as well as a healthy body image.  My main motivation for losing weight at this point is to be a good role model for her.  I will not let her become a statistic in a childhood obesity study.

In a nutshell, I am....a hippy-dippy; music craving; picture painting; story writing; kitchen loving; nature loving; vegetarian meal diggin'; OCD having; semi co-sleeping; non-spanking; big family wanting; homeschooling; homemaking; wife of a soldier; SAHM to the beautiful Lucy Rose!

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Everyone is a target on youtube.  Doesn't matter what you post or look like, you will have some anonymous asshole talk about you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Loving yourself and making yourself a target are two different things. Its hard to just not give a fuck. Deep down we both know it hurts even if you put on a brave face. 

Quoting mstkn.identity:

I sure would. Id also teach my kid not to allow what rude assholes think aboyt them effect them.

I was always bullied and picked on for being fat. I let it seriously effect me and hurt me. It held me back.

Though id rather my kids be a healthy weight i will teach them to have fun and enjoy themselves no matter what. I will teach them that whether you are skinny or fat you are beautiful and deserve to enjoy who you are no matter what.

Quoting Anonymous:

In the real world people are not nice. We all know how mean people are. Would you let your child make a video even if you know the kind of negative feedback it would bring? 

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Apparently fat girls shouldnt make videos and dance. If your fat its a shame to have fun.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM

How do you know she even cares?  Who said she even reads the comments?

Fat people learn early on to tune out the verbal diarreha that seems to flow from every gaping hole of people who thing they know better.  I learned late.  It ruined my childhood.  I wish I'd been half as courageous as this girl to even THINK of dancing anywhere near a camera. 

You can't protect your kid from the world and the assholes that inhabit it.  She's obviously confident and well adjusted.

And, just because it bugs me, you are the one who called her "stupid" from the get go.  not "i'm worried about this girl"... instead you chose "does she... see how stupid she looks".

Obviously her mental wellbeing wasn't important enough to keep you from calling the child names.  

Now pardon me... I need an icepack.  I hurt my shoulder when I drug my fat ass to kickboxing this morning and had a shit-ton of fun doing it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not her dancing its the video and the negative feedback it brings. This is a target for cyber bulling. Why intently let your child be a victim. I think dancing is fun and  wonderful but I know she has got to be hurting when she sees the comments. I wish some of you could see them. They were really sad and I felt bad just reading them. That can not be good for her. 

Quoting RiotousDigits:

So, fat people can't have fun and do normal things?  Shut up, go eat your celery and don't you get off that treadmill till I say so.  you can act like a normal person when you ARE normal.

Yeah... no.

She's DANCING... it's like a cardio workout all on it's own!  Praise this girl for even trying and give her some props for not already letting her self esteem be destroyed by people like you.

As a fellow morbidly obese person, I respectfully ask you to shut the fuck up.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is morbidly obese not just over weight. Being over weight is like "oh okay it wont really kill you" but she is morbidly obese and that WILL kill her. While I do agree its her own fault her parents are also to blame. Im not talking about locking them away or anything but just a few exercise and nutrition classes.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Child abuse? Because she is overweight? Bullshit. She is old enough to take responsibility for her own weight.

I was overweight at that age but it wasnt child abuse. It wasnt my folks fault. It was my own.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its sad....her attitude is wonderful but the comments she gets are going to damage her mind and development. I also wonder about her weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)