• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

style help.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
im a young married mom (20) and i was wondering how to dress more like a young mom instead of a teen.im very preppy so preppy stores would be a plus.i need ideas for shoes and hairstyles too.i just want to fit in with other moms better and have more respect and taken more seriously.please and thank u. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
soph324
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I think you should dress however the hell you want and not worry about fitting in. You're only 20. You have plenty of time later in life to dress like a grownup.

Ms.Mysterious
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I agree with soph324- find your style, and wear what you like. As long as you're not dressing like a slut (for lack of a better word) don't worry about what others think. I'm 26 and I still wear low riders, cute shirts with Mario Brothers on it, shorts, miniskirts ect. I dress like me! I like how I dress and I could care less what anyone else thinks! If some does or doesn't like me based on my style, then oh well! I mean, if you really want to fit in you can buy mom jeans, walking shorts in plaid, wear your hair plain or up in a pony tail. I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. Be you! That's all that matters. I know how you feel though, it's tough sometimes being a young mom. I had my twins when I was 19, when they went to kindergarten, I felt so out of place. Most of the moms were in their late 30's early 40's and I didn't fit in. While most of my friends were in college and in their bar stage I was busy being a mom and a wife. But, the older I got the easier it got. I met other mom's my age with kids, even a few great ones on here that have become some of my closest friends. But, yeah, just be you!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)