Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's settle this.....if you are a working mom do you look down on SAHMs?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: If you are a working mom, (meaning you are employed or unemployed(looking for employment) do you look down at MOST stay at home moms (moms who don't work and aren't looking to work)? (in any way)

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

If you are a SAHM here's another poll I just made: Asking the same thing, just opposite. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/16115558/SAHMs_do_you_look_down_at_working_moms_since_I_asked_the_opposite_already

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
No..I've been both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GumDropDiva
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Make a I'm a Sahm so we can see the results
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiliM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Nope.  As long as they are not on PA, LOL. 

I find staying at home far more challenging than when I worked.  Work makes me go in one direction.  SAH sends me in a lot of different directions, as I wear a lot of hats. 

However, every so often, I will sit on the couch, eat something sweet, and indulge in The Situation Room.

jcm28
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
I think both are great. When kids are home when there not in school I like to work pt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeergames
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I can now say that I have been on both sides of the fence. I was stay at home mom for 4 years & now I am a working mom. But I can't give you a full report on the pros & cons of each just yet because I have only been working for 1 1/2 months so far. So I am still working on striking a balance between working, keeping up on the house, taking care of my daughter oh & having her leave on the weekends to visit her father. But so far besides some guilt things being a working mom isn't all that bad. 

ramonafrog
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Why are the only 2 reasons a person is a SAHM in the op bc she's either lazy or spoiled?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jucyfrut
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Do what works for your family, but just know that it isn't what works for every family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaughtTot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I put examples, because those are what I usually see written here on cafemom, I will delete them if that is sensitive for you

Quoting ramonafrog:

Why are the only 2 reasons a person is a SAHM in the op bc she's either lazy or spoiled?

TaughtTot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM

So far it's about the same on both links

ramonafrog
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Im not being sensitive at all. Just wondering why there weren't more examples than negative reasons.
For the record I've been a working mom and SAHM. In both cases my kids have always been in my care, otherwise I wouldn't have become a mother.

Quoting TaughtTot:

I put examples, because those are what I usually see written here on cafemom, I will delete them if that is sensitive for you

Quoting ramonafrog:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)