Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM's do you look down at working moms? (since I asked the opposite already.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: If you are a SAHM (meaning you do not need to work and are not looking to work, Do you look down on MOST working moms (employed or looking for employment)? (in any way)

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 55

View Results

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

It's sad if they do. :/

starryeyez23
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Nope. Not everyone is cut out to be a stay at home mom. Each woman makes the choice that is best for her AND her children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GumDropDiva
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM
I don't look down on them... But sometimes I feel bad for THEM. I don't feel bad for the kids I think they are fine. But in my perfect world, I think most moms would rather have the opportunity to stay home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kc932
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I never thought  a thing about being a working mom or a sahm and certainly never realized people felt the way they do until I came on Cafe Mom. Now I am all paranoid when I meet somebody but in the end, I am me and I am proud of who I am and what I do. I try not to judge people for their personal decisions, due to me myself not wanting to be judged for my personal decisions. 

Embers88
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I don't. But I do feel sorry for them and their babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I've done both, I worked a full time job until my youngest was 5 yrs old, stayed home for a while, went back to work full time, even working two jobs at one time. I'm now a SAHM for 6 yrs.

Sometime you just have to do what you can to keep your family afloat. I never dreamed of going on PA just so I could stay home. I stay home now because we can afford for me to.

godsgirl26
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

No sure dont :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I wonder if the 13% who said yes will look down on their own daughters someday if they aren't a SAHM. SMH

MommyFlood
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes. I look down to those doing what they need to in order to provide for their family. Those selfish winches.
Anyone who thinks like that is dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)