Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I'm a lazy, bad parent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
5 moms liked this
It also doesn't mean that my children are fat, unhealthy, eat junk food, or don't exercise. Mind your own business. My weight has NOTHING to do with my parenting skills OR my beautiful children. That is all.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Bump
bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this

So true!!  People need to MYOK (mind your own kids) and weight does not have anything to do with how you love or care for your kids. Well Said.

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Get em girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSue87
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

The only issue I would have with a bigger person is if they arent feeding their children properly

ETA:: Sorry DD grabbed my hands, and I hit reply. If you're children are well taken care of, and you can properly take care of them, fuck em. People will always be judgemental. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM

how fat are we talking though? Are you morbidly obese?

Schleetle
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM
What's with all the weight posts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:18 PM

what about your kids are they fat too? because honestly if you are fat doesn't really bother me now when i see a family and they are all hugely obese scarfing down mcd's or something i get sad and feel it's almost abuse. if your kids are normal weights who cares. 

Before people start bashing me I live in the town that jaimie olvier did food revolution in we have a lot of severely obese children and parents and it's usually not from anything medical either.

When time crashes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I totally agree.  My mom and sister have been treated so badly by people over their weight.  Neither are morbidly obese, nor do they have problems with their weight because they eat junk and don't exercise.  My mom has just not been able to keep the weight off, especially after she had children.  I've wondered if she had some sort of undiagnosed condition.  She has been on diet after diet with exercise and eventually, it comes back.  My sister's battle with her weight began when she took one of the birth control shots her doctor so highly recommended.  It took years to get that weight off and even now she has problems with it, now though because of health problems.

Any time I hear of someone being a jerk to an overweight person, no matter how heavy they are, it irritates the hell out of me.  I can guarantee there is something in the life of the person who thinks they are so damn perfect that I can pick apart and make them feel like shit over. 

Plus-size-mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I leave for 20 mins and come back to find the shower posts dwindling down, and the I'm Fat posts taking the lead, gotta <3 Cafemom!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My child eats better than most that I know. My mom fed me nothing but crap and I'm breaking that cycle with my son.

Quoting SarahSue87:

The only issue I would have with a bigger person is if they arent feeding their children properly

ETA:: Sorry DD grabbed my hands, and I hit reply. If you're children are well taken care of, and you can properly take care of them, fuck em. People will always be judgemental. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)