Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a panic attack.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My three year old and I are home alone. I was cleaning the kitchen and turned around and he had wrapped a balloon string around his neck and he was purple. I FREAKED out. I couldn't get the string undone and had to cut it off his neck. I think that might have been the scariest moment in the 26 years of being a mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerebelly
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Yep similar thing happened with my first son with the mini blind cords. Glad your ds was ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Now did you really have a PANIC ATTACK?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Thanks. We always cut the blind cords and all long strings. We usually get rid of balloons too. But yesterday was my daughters birthday and there were a few left behind. He has a huge big ring around his neck.

Quoting beerebelly:

Yep similar thing happened with my first son with the mini blind cords. Glad your ds was ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Sounds terrifying.

lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Yikes! Glad he's ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM
I did have a minor attack yes

Quoting Anonymous:

Now did you really have a PANIC ATTACK?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Thank you

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

Yikes! Glad he's ok.

KarmicChild
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Oh my!  I do hope he is okay.

A few weeks ago, I had a similar scare from my three year old.  My husband was outside, I was cleaning downstairs, and our daughter was upstairs in her room (I check on her regularly, before anyone says anything about that).  Suddenly, there was a loud crash and the distinctive sound of breaking glass, followed by my daughter's screams.  I started up the stairs and heard my husband burst through the back door and come up behind me.  When we got to her room, we were greeted by a terrifying sight: our daughter's dresser (an older one made out of real wood, not light particle board) was toppled over on her legs, and her tea sets were in pieces around her.  Apparently, she had tried to scale the thing, and her weight had pulled it over.  Miraculously, she was not injured, just scared.  That dresser promptly went into the spare bedroom, and has since been replaced with those stackable plastic drawers in her closet.

In a nutshell, I am....a hippy-dippy; music craving; picture painting; story writing; kitchen loving; nature loving; vegetarian meal diggin'; OCD having; semi co-sleeping; non-spanking; big family wanting; homeschooling; homemaking; wife of a soldier; SAHM to the beautiful Lucy Rose!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:38 PM
It's awful those few seconds of the unknown.

Quoting KarmicChild:

Oh my!  I do hope he is okay.

A few weeks ago, I had a similar scare from my three year old.  My husband was outside, I was cleaning downstairs, and our daughter was upstairs in her room (I check on her regularly, before anyone says anything about that).  Suddenly, there was a loud crash and the distinctive sound of breaking glass, followed by my daughter's screams.  I started up the stairs and heard my husband burst through the back door and come up behind me.  When we got to her room, we were greeted by a terrifying sight: our daughter's dresser (an older one made out of real wood, not light particle board) was toppled over on her legs, and her tea sets were in pieces around her.  Apparently, she had tried to scale the thing, and her weight had pulled it over.  Miraculously, she was not injured, just scared.  That dresser promptly went into the spare bedroom, and has since been replaced with those stackable plastic drawers in her closet.

Plus-size-mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Omgosh, glad he is okay!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)