• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED: Wow, I just wow, learn something new everday on Cafemom.... and a question...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

I didn't realize that there were people who thought that drinking cows milk was horrible and detestable........... and refuse to let their kids drink it. WOW. Learn something new everyday on Cafemom.

I think mik is great and  after I stopped breastfeeding my son at 3 years, he drinks cows milk alot. Actually he drank it before he stopped bfeeding  (I'm not against formula for babies either, if my son couldn't bfeed I would definitely give him formula and theres nothing wrong with moms who choose  not to bfeed)

For those of you who are against cow's mik.......... do you not let your kids eat cheese, ice cream, yogurt, sour cream, etc?????????? What about products that include milk such as pancakes? Are those no-nos too????

UPDATED:

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm just now checking them. However, one person said that we as humans are the only ones that drink other animal's milk. THAT IS NOT TRUE. I know for a fact that cats / kittens love to drink cow's milk. My dh worked at a dairy right now of college and there were always a bunch of cats and kittens around to drink any milk that spilled over I guess. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Icpjuggalette
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Bump

I agree with you

Misery_Stitches
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Most dairy products, you can find a dairy free (and most often healthier) version of it.

My kids don't have dairy due to allergies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM
We don't drink cow's milk at all. We do eat some cheese and my son loves yogurt. We're pretty light in the dairy department.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommykate4
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh i loves cow milk....my sister recently broke her sholder in a different country...Italy to be exact and when they took her x ray they said they could tell she was Americano because her bones looked so strong and thick...its because we drank a ton of milk with calcium in it they told her...which is ture...i live in wisconsin...and i know plenty of responsiable farmers that don't milk there cows where there utters are infected and don't use antibiotics and send that milk to be processed...we buy organic also!  i hate how everyone hates on the dairy...

TaughtTot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

we don't consume much dairy, although we do consume some.  We drink almond milk, and if out will go with the soy option instead of cows milk.   My son is sensitive to it and dairy is so high in cholesterol, so moderation is best.

That being said we do give our son yogurt that is from cows, and we also do cheese here and there, but no, as far as regular dairy consumption, cows milk is to a minimum, it's not as healthy as say almond milk is.  Soy milk is even discouraged because of new studies. 

BambiF
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I love milk, we drink lots in this houe.  dd has yogurt and cheese everyday...mmmm dairy

angziety
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Yes, and the vegetarians, etc. are out of luck if they get sick because most medicines are made with animal by-products.  ;) 

It wasn't long ago that people thought eating the unborn fetuses of chickens was barbaric.. (no, not all eggs are fertilized, but you get what I'm saying..). 

But let people eat or not eat what they want.. *shrugs*

Ms.Mysterious
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I grew up on a dairy farm so there's no chance in hell I'll ever not LOVE cows milk! lol I dont get it! 

auroragold
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

While I love cow's milk and related dairy products, I AM concerned about the growth hormones used in the industry and the effect on a child's developing body.  I don't think there has been enough research and disclosure yet.

rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

We go through A LOT of milk in this house! We all drink milk with our meals, eat cheese, tons of yogurt! I can't get enough dairy! lol

Why do people say you can't have your cake and eat it too? Why would somebody get cake if they can't eat it??!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)