• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't like playing with my daughter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I really don't like to play with my kid. I know it sounds terrible but I really don't like it. I don't mind reading to her and doing some crafts.Actually playing with toys is not fun to me,I would rather be washing dishes.She asks me to play constantly and it annoys the hell out of me.

I try to keep her entertained with things to do on her own and take her to play with other kids every weekday.She gets bored very easily,she must get that from me. That's how I feel about playing with dolls and toys.

Am I the only one that doesn't like to play?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM
I don't either..
LCG83
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Lol I have to force myself to play with my son. It annoys the crap out of me. I just fake it though until I really can't take it any more and then I just tell him I need a time out. Lolol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Sometimes I suck it up and do it anyway too. I am bored out of my mind the whole time.

Quoting LCG83:

Lol I have to force myself to play with my son. It annoys the crap out of me. I just fake it though until I really can't take it any more and then I just tell him I need a time out. Lolol

divinedimension
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM

yeah playing can be really annoying. Try outdoor play instead. :) Or take her to a playgroup where she can get in play with kids her age and you can get some social time with other moms. Then her play time becomes fun time for you.

LCG83
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Lolol. Trust me I understand. I love him with all my heart, I just suck at playing. Especially when he just wants to play these repetitive games over and over. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes I suck it up and do it anyway too. I am bored out of my mind the whole time.

Quoting LCG83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BambiF
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM

haha i hear you.  All my dd wants to do is have tea parties, play candyland and pretend her ponies are going to the ball...booooring

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)