Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im pregnant and on a diet

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I am pregnant and taking diet pills so I can lose weight instead of gaining. I take pills in the morning and a use the juicer to make all natural healthy juice for breakfast. Lunch I eat real light no carbs and mostly protein. At dinner I eat a normal meal so my dh has no idea. Before bed I take liquid protein. I've been doing this for a month now and have lost 15lbs. The baby is growing fine and measures right on target. I am scared to gain any weight.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM

ummm...

well at least the baby is in good shape.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I don't think you should be taking diet pills while you are pregnant. They can be addictive, and since so many are high in caffeine, you're probably dosing your baby with unhealthy amounts. Talk to your doctor about it, if you can't because you know he'll scold you, its a sign that you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I was taking slim quick before I found out I was pregnant. I asked my dr if it would hurt the baby and she said no then she also told me not to take them anymore
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry, but you seem to have bigger issues then weight. you are pregnant-shame on you for ALREADY putting your own vain needs FIRST. I am guessing that, in your mind, if you go to a doctors appt and he says, "oh no, something is wrong", you will fix it then??? I suffered from eating disorders for 7 years before I decided to became a mom-I would have never let my illness affect my children-I got better first. Dieting during pregnancy is dangerous enough, but DIET PILLS???? I'm sorry, but you are endangering you child. That's simply pathetic-your whole life is secrets that effect others greatly-grow up and get yourself some help as well! Sorry, but this just hit a nerve....anyone TRYING to have a baby would NEVER act this way-appreciate what you have!

Plus-size-mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

wow....bad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Cochise
by Dawn on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

diet pills and pregnancy don't mix... I hope your baby turns out ok... for your sake..and theirs...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Cool!
lizzie_8690
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Wow! Are u not thinking in your baby's health!??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Headertat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

maybe you just not ready for a baby yet..... how far along are you? Maybe there are some other options.. because I know no matter how much weight I gain, how many stretch marks I get it was for the sake of my child and my child will always come first..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)