Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't visit my family because of my 5 year old nephew!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

first and for most. I blame all 3 of them; mom, dad and nephew for his behavior. But anyways, today I went to visit my grandmother. My aunt who lives 4 hours away was visiting with her 2 sons and I wanted to see her and let my kids play with her kids. My sister and her son also joined us. We will call my nephew B.

So I arrive at my grandmother's. The second i walk in B yells at my 2 year old daughter "Go away Ally!" then turns to his mom and says "Mommy, I don't want Ally here" She tells him thats not nice and he needs to stop or they are going home. Well he continues the whole hour we are there. He tells her she is ugly and he doesn't want her playing with 'his' toys. Everytime she would do something he would tell her no she isn't allowed when in fact she was! 

She kept threatening him with going home but they never went. We were all about to go out to the mall together but I went home. I told my sister that I wasn't going to subject my daughter to that hatred and he doesn't get anything punishment except a stern talking to. I won't be able to visit my aunt anymore because everytime she comes down, my sister brings her son over. I also have to pick and choose which days i want to visit my grandma because she goes over there often too. 

I love them both but I will not be around a 5 year old who thinks its ok to hit, snatch and call names to my 2 year old. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM

bump..........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM
I just had an explosive argument with my in laws over my.nephew laying his hands on my daughters needless to say this was the last straw and we will no longer be going around them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I just had an explosive argument with my in laws over my.nephew laying his hands on my daughters needless to say this was the last straw and we will no longer be going around them.

I'm sorry :( my nephew is always like this too but today was just way over the top. Last straw for us

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM

bump.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

does he have any issues that you are aware of? or is he just a spoiled brat who is used to getting his own way? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

does he have any issues that you are aware of? or is he just a spoiled brat who is used to getting his own way? 

No he's fine. He's just a spoiled brat.

divinedimension
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Have you considered having a talk to your sister about why she isn't doing a damned thing about disciplining him? Also I'm wondering if you could talk to your other family members and have them step up to the plate. I know if it was me in their shoes I'd have to kick the sister and her child out, politely of course. At worse case scenario, I'd have stepped up and said out loud to whoever I was visiting, "I'm sorry. I'd like to stay but my sister won't discipline her child and my child doesn't need to be around this." But, I'm a bitch like that. I don't let people get away with being assholes.

CafeMom Tickers
divinedimension
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Oh and another thing, can you visit them at a separate time from the sister? Talk to your sister and let her know that she should call you when she leaves so that you and your child can then visit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Quoting divinedimension:

Have you considered having a talk to your sister about why she isn't doing a damned thing about disciplining him? Also I'm wondering if you could talk to your other family members and have them step up to the plate. I know if it was me in their shoes I'd have to kick the sister and her child out, politely of course. At worse case scenario, I'd have stepped up and said out loud to whoever I was visiting, "I'm sorry. I'd like to stay but my sister won't discipline her child and my child doesn't need to be around this." But, I'm a bitch like that. I don't let people get away with being assholes.

everyone knows I left because of how her kid was behaving. I told her to her face that I wouldn't be around that. My other family member aren't going to do anything that she wouldn't do. If it was their kid they would do something but in our family, we let the parent do the disciplining if they are around. and my grandma wouldn't have kicked my sister out. She's just too nice and old for that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)