Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you see.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Two men or two women kissing and being affectionate to one another do you worry about what your children may think? How do you explain?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM
If they are old enough to understand I'd tell them they are two human beings that love each other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

no i dont. i'll tell her they are in love

SarahsAMommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Wow. Never thought about it. Guess I would just tell them they love each other and they are happy. Then again, I'm not against gays and I'd hope my kids wouldn't be either.

RiotousDigits
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

what is there to explain?  Person A loves Person B.  Who cares what genitals they have?

coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

No.

My children already understand why mommy is black and daddy is white. People are just different but all beautiful.

I'm pretty sure they would assume the same thing in that situation. We want our kids to open minded.

rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Nope...My daughter has asked about it and I told her that just like some people like the opposite sex, some like the same and it's all natural. She doesn't even think anything different about it now. :) No big thing.

Why do people say you can't have your cake and eat it too? Why would somebody get cake if they can't eat it??!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM
No, I have let my gay Guy friends babysit, my kids never say anything about it.
lovelyladybump
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM
I think when he's old enough for us to be in that scenario I'd explain it to him the same way I would any other couple kissing. This is something that is becoming the norm. I don't want my son to feel uncomfortable around gay couples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Not at all. My children would know that they are in love and be happy for them. They are 6 & 7 now. They've always been around my cousin and his partner, so it isn't a big deal to them.

coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

whats up with cm?

*didn't mean to say the same thing three times*

anyone else having issues?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)