• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me help my kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

my kids used to be such great kids but lately they have been horrible. just not listening, back talking, being brats. how do i get them back on track? i used to be so good at this stuff i dont know what happened but i need ideas. theyre age ranges are from 4-11.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

no help at all?

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM

What are you doing now that isn't working?

JessiBell
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

This

Also, could you possibly have (without realizing it even) stopped paying as much attention to them? I don't mean that in an insulting way. I've just noticed that when my son starts acting up terribly and not really responding, I sit back and realize I've gotten distracted and haven't been giving him as much attention as I could be.

Either way, I hope things start working out better soon!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I may have had cancer, but it never had me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

nothing is working at all, i dont know what to try. they used to just listen. now they argue, and back talk. ive tried time out, having to take a nap, going to bed early, extra chores, reward charts, everything. i am out of ideas and so frustrated right now. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting JessiBell:

This

Also, could you possibly have (without realizing it even) stopped paying as much attention to them? I don't mean that in an insulting way. I've just noticed that when my son starts acting up terribly and not really responding, I sit back and realize I've gotten distracted and haven't been giving him as much attention as I could be.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Join me in Moms for Education
Moms for Education

"Oppression of spirit is not on
the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced
while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators,
multi-billion dollar budgets, state education departments, and school
boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

"When you want to teach
children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are
little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly,
providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and
thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That's *if* you
want to teach them to think." ~ Bertrand Russell

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM
i dont want to give them attention when they are being bad. i take them places all the time i am a sahm so im home all the time with them i dont know what more they could want
Quoting JessiBell:

This

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

nothing is working at all, i dont know what to try. they used to just listen. now they argue, and back talk. ive tried time out, having to take a nap, going to bed early, extra chores, reward charts, everything. i am out of ideas and so frustrated right now. 

Hmmm. Have you had a really sit down talk with them about it. No yelling or threatening, just a heart to heart conversation?

Moms for Education

"When you want to teach

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Hmmm. Have you had a really sit down talk with them about it. No yelling or threatening, just a heart to heart conversation?

i did this morning basically begging them to be good because it is hurting me when they arent listening and they said they understood but then this evening theyve been absolutely horrible. i had to put them to bed early and instead of them going to bed they layed in there and were just not shutting up it was bad so i shut their door i dont know what else to do. i dont want them to keep misbehaving i want our lifes to go back to how it was.

JessiBell
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Well I didn't really mean when they are bad, just in general.

I am a stay at home mom as well. Doesn't mean I still don't become distracted or less attentive some times.

Maybe when they start getting rowdy, you can pull out a board game, puzzle, play hide and seek, whatever. Just something to occupy them, and spend time with them at the same time. Kids get bored very easily and sometimes just need a little more stimulation or attention.

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont want to give them attention when they are being bad. i take them places all the time i am a sahm so im home all the time with them i dont know what more they could want
Quoting JessiBell:

This

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I may have had cancer, but it never had me!

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

i did this morning basically begging them to be good because it is hurting me when they arent listening and they said they understood but then this evening theyve been absolutely horrible. i had to put them to bed early and instead of them going to bed they layed in there and were just not shutting up it was bad so i shut their door i dont know what else to do. i dont want them to keep misbehaving i want our lifes to go back to how it was.

Can you give me a specific about what they are doing?

Moms for Education

"When you want to teach

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)