• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Most teen moms are unfit mothers....

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM
  • 244 Replies
Because most teens are entirely unfit to be parents, no matter how much love for their child (and his/her father) they may have? When you can't provide properly for your kid you're doing that child a terrible disservice that will potentially ruin their entire life Pretty selfish to have a kid just because, even though you can't provide for his/her best interests.
This is what I saw on my facebook today. I think its total bull and very offensive to mother's especially the ones that are taking care of their responsibilities. What do u ladies think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbaby1977
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM
19 moms liked this
A teen can be a wonderful momma same as a 40 y/o could be a terrible momma. just depends on the individual.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strontium
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought thats what your opinion was until I read all the way through it... and I was going to be mean lol. That is completely offensive...I guess I dont really count as a teen mom because I am 20.. but close enough -_-

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I agree with the statement.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM
7 moms liked this

Most teens are unfit to be parents.  Whats the problem?

Gabeybaby0504
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Well, I only know one person (irl) who was a teen mom and she happens to be very unfit to be a parent. She is more concerned with partying and seeing her "bf" then taking care of her daughter, but no I don't think *most* teen moms are unfit. Just a few of them. I think it mostly depends on their own upbringing and how much support her family is giving her with raising a child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love.my.marine
1 mom liked this
I diss agree 100% I'm a teen mother and I know I'm a damn good mother!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
af552730
1 mom liked this
Lol thanks for sparing me but im 20 also and im pregnant wit my first and I found it offensive even tho im not a teen but ppl see me pregnant and assume im a teen and still and school when in all actuality I have graduated high school and went to college and currently working at a private school as a preschool teacher. Im taking care of everything I need to but the way ppl pass judgement is very ridiculous.

Quoting strontium:

I thought thats what your opinion was until I read all the way through it... and I was going to be mean lol. That is completely offensive...I guess I dont really count as a teen mom because I am 20.. but close enough -_-

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReiReally
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a really insightful and well thought out statement full of resourced evidence and other legitimate information. /sarcasm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:57 PM
6 moms liked this

I think that unless the teen can care for the child completely on their own, in their own home that they're providing for themselves, while holding down a full time job and graduating high school, and without the aid of their parents (constant babysitters and/or money givers), the statement is true. Even at 18 a teens brain isn't fully developed yet. There really is no way for a 14 (or whatever age) girl to give a chld what a grown adult who has finished school and can work full time (and can drive for goodness sakes) can. 

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I think its bull as well.I was a teen mom. By the time I was 18 SO & I owned our own home, we both had cars, we both had stable jobs, and we take very good care  of our child. I hate how I get lumped into a group like that.. kind of like Christianity. I'm a Christian, but I'm not a homosexual hating, shove my religion down your throat, "your going to hell!", judgemental person. I'm actually quite open minded. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)