Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will a child keep a man in a unhappy Marriage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I have a friend her husband left her and the child. He came back because he missed the child.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Oh yes, always.
abbymommy915
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Not always... some men leave and never come back... some leave and gain partial custody. Its case sensetive

savedbygrace316
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Haha look at the divorce rate!

ojaj2005
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

It might but why would you want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with you?!? My parents seperated when I was 20 years old. I think that was more shocking than if I would've grown up that way. And if you are in an unhappy relationship the kids will realize and have issues. IMO

YogaMommyz
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM

At this point I think DH hates me...He has to! He is soo hard on me and I try and try and try to make him happy but he's not happy with me...but I have his 4 month old daughter. So he won't walk away.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
No.

Eta: I also don't know why you would want to stay with someone who didn't love you. Both people deserve to have love and support, and i think that a child can usually sense tension between parents. So if they grow up in a household where the parents are not getting along and are just together for the child, they'll think its normal. And IMHO, that's doing them a disservice and setting them up to have not great relationships.
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

no i don't think it will and people that have children for that reason will be just bringing them into a sad messed up home life.

When time crashes

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Yep.  My DH married his ex for the kid and for the kid only.  He stuck it out as long as he could.  And then couldn't stand it anymore. 

Lots of men do.  They feel they will have no other way to see the kids, since women can and do use the kids. 

iknow_iluvme2
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Not always....but it can both ways...some women stay married just for their kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)