Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Confession I Didn't Expect

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

No one in real life knows this but I'm not happy.  Last night SO and I got into a disagreement about me going out and the flood gates opened and I told him everything.  What happened next shocked me speechless.  He told me that he knows he doesn't deserve me!  He didn't disagree with anything that I said.  He said that he refuses to lose me (not that I said I was leaving) and that he has been soul searching to make changes.  He said all of these wonderful things about me that I didn't realize he noticed.  I'm still in shock trying to process the info.  How would you react to this?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM
this has happened to me before it makes me feel crappy for not thinking he knew or loved me that much i try and treat him better afterwards
momof2little1s
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I would be thrilled, and I would suggest marraige / couples therapy so he can learn how to feel comfortable with telling you those things, and you both can work on a new start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilQueenMommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM

It depends on what the problems with him were. Some guys will say anything to keep you, but won't really change (or might change for a few months then be themselves again).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM

We don't fight or anything like that.  I've wonder if he is depressed and he confirmed that.  Several years ago his mother passed and it took everything I had to pull him out of his low and get him on track.  Since graduating college he has hit that low again.  Part of my problem was him saying "I'll marry you as soon as I get a good job and keep thinking about a second child" but he hasn't really been trying to find that good job.  Another problem was that he wouldn't touch me other than sex.  He confessed it's because he has low self esteem right now and I have a lot of shining confidence.  He just doesn't think he is good enough for me which I find so odd because I've put him on a pedestal since the day we met!  Those were really my two main issues. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)