Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think it's possible

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I was never allowed to try to flex too much when I was a child due to a disease I had/have. Now that I am older, it's not as much of a problem.

My question is, can a person go from not being able to touch her toes and  something like this

not en pointe obviously, but ... yeah. I want to really work on my flexibility. I have always wanted to be able to do at least the splits. No other reason than personal accomplisment. lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
If you just keep working on it, then yes. It's not just stretching, though. Doing that takes a lot of muscles you would need to build up and train.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacc2007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM

as long as you keep at it and take it slow - you don't want to go too fast and hurt yourself obviously - I don't see why you couldn't get to the point of being able to do the splits... just remember to keep it up after you get to that point because you'll lose flexibility too, I used to stretch constantly and was able to do the splits but now my muscles are way too tight to do any of what i used to

ReiReally
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I'm sure if you practiced everyday and tried your best, you would be able to become more flexible.

Consult your physician before starting a new exersice routine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)