• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christian/ Submissive wives please

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 52 Replies

I am having a rough time adjusting to married life. At least the domestic part. Before marriage, my now DH always promised that all the housework would be 50/50 and he would always help me out, esp since I am a full time student. Well, once we got settled in and he got a full time job, that ended. HE does not help at all, and when I ask him to he always says he works so he doesnt have to help. He gives me a hard time whenever things aren't "up to par" but he wont pick up after himself. 

I love him, and I know that as a Christian, this is my role. But I cannot help but feel some what bitter and resentful when I am cooking and doing dishes in between class and homework while he plays video games to relax after work. 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM
3 moms liked this

as a christian it is your role to be a slave??? he could help out a bit!!!

LouieBoo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I agree that he is being unfair. But, as a Christian, the Bible says that the wife is to be a home maker as well as submissive. So he is being unfair, but I don't know what else to do unless I want to fight about dishes EVERYDAY

Quoting Anonymous:

as a christian it is your role to be a slave??? he could help out a bit!!!

pipsmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Christian women are not required to stand by when given the old bait and switch. Let your dh know that you signed up for a 50/50 marriage and you're darn well going to get it. Then start giving him tasks. Men work better when they know exctly what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Whew, Glad I'm not Christian!

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Pray.

Smile.

Be happy and helpful; I promise the attitude is... contagious :)

Sincerely, don't nag and he'll come around. I bet he's having a hard time adjusting too :)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

LouieBoo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Yes, this is true. I explained to him earlier that he needs to pick his stuff up OFF the floor when he puts it there after work. We will see how that works 

Quoting pipsmommy:

Christian women are not required to stand by when given the old bait and switch. Let your dh know that you signed up for a 50/50 marriage and you're darn well going to get it. Then start giving him tasks. Men work better when they know exctly what to do.

m3lissa_16
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

You do realize this is stated in the Old Testament, right? Does he believe in following all of the Bible? As far as I know, most Christian religious organizations believe the Old Testament is irrelevant now. He needs to man up and quit hiding behind that bs. Unless you are willing to be his slave for the rest of his life. He isn't going to change his mind until you make yours up and stand up for yourself. Your religion is terribly corrupt and biased towards the favor of men. I wonder why that is-maybe because men have had a hand in every single aspect of its creation and development. They have no respect or consideration for the female sex. None.

Mweddle
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a Christian and I wouldn't stand for that.  lol.  If we both work outside of the home (or go to school) we both help out with housework 50/50.  Thats just the deal. 

xMamaLandx
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM

leave his stuff where it is .. eventually he will have to pick it up .. 

thats my thought on it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Or he will use his power as a man to physically punish her. She is his property, after all. She willingly entered into a marriage knowing she'd have the lower hand.

Quoting xMamaLandx:

leave his stuff where it is .. eventually he will have to pick it up .. 

thats my thought on it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)