Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be hurt?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
So I work with a bunch of women. I don't feel very liked, and I think it's because of a couple reasons. For one, I just don't get along with females very well. I also actually care more about doing my job than gossiping, which is what they care about. I feel like I work with a bunch of high school girls, and it's driving me crazy. I feel like there's a rift between me and my coworkers. I can't go hang out with them at bars or go over to their house for a party because I don't have anyone to watch my daughter. They keep getting closer, and I feel left out. Recently they've been meeting up on the weekend to plan an engagement party for one of the girls. I wasn't invited, and I'm the only one in the office that wasn't. (it's not a big office.. Only about 10-12 people.) they talk about it in front of me, but the girl throwing the party made it clear I wasn't invited when she was telling another coworker she invited everyone she wanted to go via Facebook, and if people didn't get an invite there was a reason.
Would you say anything? Would you be hurt? I don't know 100% why they don't like me, and I don't know how to fix it. I feel like I'm stuck back in high school, and I'm ready to quit my job partly because of how I dread going to work because of who I work with. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashthecat
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Fuck 'em. Who wants to hang out with such childish "women" anyway?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I would say something...but if you don't like them and you are more about the job just ignore them. Hugs!
Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

That would make it an awkward thing for me , im not going to lie.

Maybe you can sit down with a couple of them and ask if you have done anything wrong or made a negative impression on anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I don't really want to hang out with them, but I feel left out. Shunned. I just want to be able to get along with them and not have so much tension. I want to enjoy work, not dread it.

Quoting ashthecat:

Fuck 'em. Who wants to hang out with such childish "women" anyway?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh who gives a shit. Ur daughter can be ur best friend have a girls night out with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Well, I would like to hang out with them in settings where my daughter could go. I don't want to try and dump my daughter somewhere to go to a bar or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Eh. Let it go. Go to work and go home. I wouldn't want to hang out with childish women anywhoo. Your better off
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM
It is awkward. You don't think sitting down and asking them would come across as desperate?

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Maybe you can sit down with a couple of them and ask if you have done anything wrong or made a negative impression on anyone.

peachesforme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the others. work isn't necessarily about making friends, it's about making a paycheck. Sounds like you wouldn't have fun with these catty ladies anyway so I'd just forget it and move on. I agree that it's better to give your time to your dd than a bunch of two faced b*tches.

Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM

No i don't.  I mean , yes it is work ...but it makes it very tense and awkward alone just having to come in.

You expressed that you go in to do your job, but if it is that uncomfortable..than it makes it difficult to do so.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is awkward. You don't think sitting down and asking them would come across as desperate?

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)