Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you talk on the phone with your family?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I like to think that I'm close with my family.  When we are together we are always super close and "normal".  But they don't call me.  Literally it wouldn't surprise me if 6 months went by and I didn't get a phone call or text.  I know the phone works both ways which is why we even have a relationship....  I call my parents, I fly out to see them, I pay for my sister's gas to come visit me.  If I didn't make the effort, I don't think they'd even notice if I wasn't around other than my birthday and Christmas (the two times a year that I do get a phone call).  But, when we are together for the holidays or visits its as if no time has passed and we are close again.  My family is quite large, so I understand my parents have many children to keep up with, along with the rest of the family but I would think that a once a month phone call wouldn't be too much to ask.

How often does your family call you?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stellarmom1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Never!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soontobemommie3
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom, daily. My sister, daily. Everyone else a few times a month, give or take.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Daily. I also live about two minutes from my parents and my mom watches my son while I work. We talk a LOT
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I do not speak with my mother and my father rarely calls me. He told me that he doesn't want to bother me, but it bothers me that he doesn't call me more often. 

2boys50
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I dont have any family...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeeDee_28
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM
My mom- maybe once or twice a week. My brother- everyday. I rarely speak to my other brothers and its been months since I've talked to my sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
writethisdown
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM
All my family is spread out over the country. We txt a couple times a week and i actually talk on the phone to my mom like every other week. my dad lives in town and i think i actually talk to him the least, lol. But we see each other like once a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbymommy915
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I talk on the phone with my dad... once every other month, but he stops by at least once a week. My mom and I aren't close at all... in fact, I've gone almost a year at a time without saying a single word to her (prents are seperated)

My MIL and I talk on the phone at least once a week and she stops by at least once every other week.

stevens_mom2008
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Mom- daily
4 brothers- we text multiple times a day
Dad-MAYBE once a month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Arika on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Once a week or so. Depends on our schedules
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)