Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this neglect?/abuse?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The little girl is 18-20 months old
She doesn't take baths regularly...she is always dirty
She has recently got what looks like cradle cap on her head I'm assuming from not washing her hair
She always has a pee sagging diaper on they only change her when she leaks through
She has a rash on her bottom from not being changed
They don't play with her
They don't watch her...ex. at the fair 5 months ago they didn't have her in a stroller and let her wander off lucky we were there so we told them when she got too far.
Ex. They forget to shut doors so I have found her by the street when they are in the house.
When she got sick they gave her Nyquil to make her sleep through the night
she always has a scrape or bruise from when they weren't watching her and she got hurt
She has had ear infection after ear infection but they don't take her to the doctor
They forget to feed her breakfast until like 2 pm when they can't figure out why she's crying so much
They don't give her naps and if she falls asleep out of exhaust they just leave her where she fell.
There's more but I think you get the picture

When they do play with her They seem to love her. I really think that since they are first time parents they just need some guidence and they could be good parents. I think they simply don't know what they are doing. I thought about sending them pamplets in the mail but I don't know that they would read them. I try to help out as much as possible but my concerns seem to be ignored

* I cant call cps they wont do anything! I want to help them not have them feel like someone is out to get them.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Replies (41-49):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM

to me, it is neglect and ignorance.  These people need to be reminded what parenting is.  Reading stuff like that pisses me off.   Obviously you seem to know this couple well - push the issues that need to be corrected.  

kemmerer411
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Uhhhmmm... Yea. You should call CPS. They have to investigate. Keep calling til they do something.
Wtf!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arielsmomma1020
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:33 AM

hmmm...what do you think???

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I'm sorry?  I just answered the OPs question.  I meant no slight on your personal feelings at the time or now.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

I'm talking in terms of damage to the child. Idgaf about laws

Quoting RiotousDigits:

Check the law.  neglect and abuse are separate charges.

you can be charged with neglect but not abuse and vice versa.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

neglect is abuse..geesh

Quoting RiotousDigits:

neglect, yes.  abuse, no.

mommasbabies77
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM
And I was simply commenting. Nothing about personal feelings..just a comment.

Quoting RiotousDigits:

I'm sorry?  I just answered the OPs question.  I meant no slight on your personal feelings at the time or now.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

I'm talking in terms of damage to the child. Idgaf about laws

Quoting RiotousDigits:

Check the law.  neglect and abuse are separate charges.

you can be charged with neglect but not abuse and vice versa.

Quoting mommasbabies77:

neglect is abuse..geesh

Quoting RiotousDigits:

neglect, yes.  abuse, no.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hockeymomws
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Omg..please report these people! How in the world has she managed to get this far in life with those kind of parents?! I could give a flying fu** what these people thought of me for reporting them, as long as I knew I did everything I could to help this baby is that all that should matter!

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jbirchard:

Cradle crap is not from unclean hair, fyi..
They do seem to need some serious guidance.

What is cradle cap caused from? I don't know.

idk, but both my boys had it and it certainly was not from being "dirty"  google it, lol.. most people call it cradle crap but i think its actually called crade cap..

MikylasMommy
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM

first off, i have to say i love ur approach on the situation. its good that u see that they are good people and they love their daughter, they just need guidance. i would sit down and talk to the mother about these things and tell her that u have noticed some things and that u dont want to judge them, u just have a few concerns and dont want to see them lose their child for any reason. it seems like u are understanding, so i dont think doing that would make u seem as tho u are judging or being mean.

melrose79
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM
All that sounds very neglectful. I would send a pamphlet anonymously in the mail & if things haven't changed in a week, I'd call CPS. Keep calling til they do something. That's all I can think of.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN