Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diet soda is healthier to drink then regular soda.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies

There has NEVER been a documented case of someone dying from "diet soda poisoning."  There has never been any death being directly related to drinking diet soda.  BUT, drinking regular soda, which is FILLED with sugar can kill you, it can not only cause not only diabetes, but obesity, which leads to death.  And there are plenty of deaths due to obesity. Obesity is quickly becoming the leading cause of death in America,  I would much rather have a drink with sugar substitute if given the choice.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM
8 moms liked this

diet is actually worse for you, ask any dietician. your body reacts to the fake sugar like it was real , increasing your appetite in response. you will actually gain weight drinking diet soda. 

cherrywaves21
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Actually it's been proven that sugar subsitute builds up in your system and causes health problems. Pop has less sugar then 100% organic juice. So juice is killing people as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I rarely drink soda.  I prefer water which is so much better for me.

twisted_charlie
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM

You're kidding right? BOTH can lead to diabetes and obesity if drank in excess. Get real.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I must be abnormal then because I used to be addicted to coke classic. I drank a two liter every day fro over ten years.. Last September I gave it up and started drinking coke zero instead and by December I was down 20 lbs. No exercise or diet changes other then the pop. I now have quit the coke zero and drink just water as I'm trying to fix my eating habits and I know diet isnt good for you.

Quoting couponluv72:

diet is actually worse for you, ask any dietician. your body reacts to the fake sugar like it was real , increasing your appetite in response. you will actually gain weight drinking diet soda. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Quoting twisted_charlie:

You're kidding right? BOTH can lead to diabetes and obesity if drank in excess. Get real.

How can both lead to diabetes and obesity if drank in excess?

katiegirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Actually diet is worse.
Roo1234
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM
All of my family members have an "adverse reaction" to artificial sweeteners (nausea, headaches, tongue swelling too name a few). On those occasions when I have a soda, I'll stick with sugar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

all i know is what I learned working with a dietician at the hospital , I too lost 20 pounds initially switching to diet. but over time the weight crept back on

Quoting brettsmomma:

I must be abnormal then because I used to be addicted to coke classic. I drank a two liter every day fro over ten years.. Last September I gave it up and started drinking coke zero instead and by December I was down 20 lbs. No exercise or diet changes other then the pop. I now have quit the coke zero and drink just water as I'm trying to fix my eating habits and I know diet isnt good for you.

Quoting couponluv72:

My happiness is me, not you. Not only because you may be temporary, But also because you want me to be What I am not. I cannot be happy when i change Merely to satisfy your selfishness. Nor can I feel content when you Criticize me for not thinking your thoughts. Or for seeing like you do. You call me a rebel. And yet each time I have rejected your beliefs, You have rebelled against mine. I do not try ot mold your mind. I know you are trying hard enough , To be just you. And I cannot allow you to tell me what to be For I am concentrating on being me. You said that I was transparent, And easily forgotten. Why then did you try to use my lifetime, to prove to yourself who YOU are? -by Michelle from a leo buscaglia book

AlaizabelsMommy
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Diet sodas give me migraines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured