Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why some people shouldn't homeschool...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

On failbook.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
Eco_Momma
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Harsh OP.  I was home educated and I don't know anyone who speaks or writes like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but in about 18 years (or sooner) I bet we see her kids on CM...we will be able to recognize them by the constant use of "Ain't been", "guna", and "Ima". And when a homeschooling debate gets heated we will recognize them by "You can't say that! My momma homeschooled me and my sisturs and we ain't never been happyer! My momma teached us real good and now I guna get my GED and homeschool my kids!".

Quoting southernchick06:

Aint been is that proper english?? Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM

That is not what I meant by that. I mean if THOSE kids are homeschooled by HER that is how they are going to speak and write.

I homeschooled my kids for 3 years and they are doing excellent in public schools now.

Quoting Eco_Momma:

Harsh OP.  I was home educated and I don't know anyone who speaks or writes like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but in about 18 years (or sooner) I bet we see her kids on CM...we will be able to recognize them by the constant use of "Ain't been", "guna", and "Ima". And when a homeschooling debate gets heated we will recognize them by "You can't say that! My momma homeschooled me and my sisturs and we ain't never been happyer! My momma teached us real good and now I guna get my GED and homeschool my kids!".

Quoting southernchick06:

Eco_Momma
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM

ah THOSE kids. lol Sorry.  How was the transition to PS from HS?

Quoting Anonymous:

That is not what I meant by that. I mean if THOSE kids are homeschooled by HER that is how they are going to speak and write.

I homeschooled my kids for 3 years and they are doing excellent in public schools now.

Quoting Eco_Momma:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting southernchick06:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM

It went pretty easily, but they had prior public schooling. I had enough of the school systems where we used to live so I pulled them out for a while. Now, we are in great school districts and they attend public magnet schools that offer great education.

Quoting Eco_Momma:

ah THOSE kids. lol Sorry.  How was the transition to PS from HS?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Eco_Momma:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting southernchick06:

southernchick06
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Lmao

Exactly!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting southernchick06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

lmao

xXxLillithxXx
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Lmao.

Chloebellesmom1
by Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM

And this is why maybe some states should reevaluate the educational requirements of parents doing the home schooling.......

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I am really ashamed that morons like this are representing homeschoolers. Then again, there are plenty of public school teachers who are just as dumb.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

jen2150
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I just wanted to add you can't know what kind of a homeschooler someone will make by just by one comment.  Most people talk and converse on the internet very different than they would in an English paper.  There have been many studies that have demonstrated very little difference by parents that were college educated and those that were not.  I have used ain't just to sound funny many times.  Just saying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)