Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My deepest darkest secret. So ashamed. But here's the truth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 403 Replies
1 mom liked this
Please, if you're gonna bash move on, it took a lot of courage for me to post this. I posted as an answer in another post but I wanted to post a topic to see if there's anyone else out there that I can relate to.

Also if one more person tells me that I am the SOLE reason prices are so high for the rest of you I'm going to scream. I get it.

I've stolen well over $20,000 worth of merchandise and food from local stores. I've never been caught and most of the time I steal because I cannot fathom spending the amount of money they are asking for (especially when stealing is so easy for me. I have to say when I started it was because I didn't have the money for some things. But even after I had money it was just too easy to continue stealing) We now have money now so it's no longer an issue of affordability. Honestly, if you can think of an item, I've probably stolen it...Clothes, household items, baby stuff, food, toys, kitchen items, sheets, gifts (Christmas, bday, wedding, baby showers), cleaning supplies, picture frames, towels, purses, dishes, anything small enough and pricy enough to be returned for store credit to buy things too big to steal, shoes, hygiene products, paint supplies, cabinet pulls and hinges, pet supplies, school supplies... The list is literally endless. Also, I'm in the choir and teach a children's class at my church. I've even stolen multiple items for different church functions. My sister is the only person who knows this. DH is even clueless.
 I have even walked right passed LP and security with $100's in merchandise, often. But I can walk into any store and within a matter of minutes know exactly where the camera's blind spots are. I have even called the store I was in to report others as to divert the attention away from myself. If they're busy chasing someone else they won't be watching me. I know this is horrible but it is what it is. I've also worked in retail and can spot a shoplifter a mile away. I never reported them. but there have been times that I've let them know I saw them stealing.   I'm so ashamed, I wish I knew someone else who was like me that I could talk to.

Btw I've never stolen money. Nor have I ever stolen from a person. Also, no I'm not making this up or trolling nor will I "post a pic or it's not real". 
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

you are stealing things of value , and you are stealing from other people. stores raise their prices to cover loss due to theft. I cannot fathom why you are risking your freedom with this type of selifsh behaviour

shell3m
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM
3 moms liked this

umm ok........   just one thing?  STOP STEALING!  the store has to make up for that loss with is passed down to the consumer.  Stop making me pay more for shit...lol  :)

two4one
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM
6 moms liked this

You said you want no bashing, but hey if you are going to put this out there you are going to get it. and what else do you expect, praise?

You may not have stolen from a "person" but your actions affect everyone else. They have to raise prices to offset their losses.

Why even go to church? You are a failure in your religion. If you really felt guilty, you would be seeking help, not coming on CM and telling the world that you are a theif.

Pamela708
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Im not being itchy when I say this, I think there is a type of therapy or support group or 12 step something for this type of thing.

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM
11 moms liked this

This should happen to you so your children see what happens to thieves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM
No bashing. Stealing is morally wrong but if I knew how to get away with it I would
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Thanks. I've actually been looking. But I would want an online support group or something not in person. It really is embarrassing.

Quoting Pamela708:

Im not being itchy when I say this, I think there is a type of therapy or support group or 12 step something for this type of thing.

Good luck.

2.b.con.10.Ud
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM
3 moms liked this

What are you expecting from a post like this?  That's terrible that you steal.  You should get help for your addiction, that's what it is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I don't pay for my makeup 95% of the time.
couponluv72
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting 2.b.con.10.Ud:

What are you expecting from a post like this?  That's terrible that you steal.  You should get help for your addiction, that's what it is. 

the way she worded it, she is not addicted. but entitled feeling, like she has a right to these things merely because she refuses to actually pay the price asked for them. 

My happiness is me, not you. Not only because you may be temporary, But also because you want me to be What I am not. I cannot be happy when i change Merely to satisfy your selfishness. Nor can I feel content when you Criticize me for not thinking your thoughts. Or for seeing like you do. You call me a rebel. And yet each time I have rejected your beliefs, You have rebelled against mine. I do not try ot mold your mind. I know you are trying hard enough , To be just you. And I cannot allow you to tell me what to be For I am concentrating on being me. You said that I was transparent, And easily forgotten. Why then did you try to use my lifetime, to prove to yourself who YOU are? -by Michelle from a leo buscaglia book

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured