Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im broken. and so stupid.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My DH used to be verbally abusive. He put his hands on me a handful of times.. Hitting me twice. He was a drug addict which I believe fueled the fire. He was my prince charming before the drugs and after he got sober when I left him back in 2009. We lived separately until this past September.. That's when we moved back in together. It was bliss. I hds my family back! He was my prince charming again. My best friend. The bond between him and our son became unbreakable and everything was the way it should have been.. Up until the past few weeks. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and in a very vulnerable emotional state. (I literally cry at everything.. No joke) He's been back at degrading everything I do when he's in one of his "moods". He even went so far to say if I didn't end up pregnant he wouldn't even be with me. This morning I was a "stupid f*cking b*tch" because I had no idea he put his keys in my purse and he had no way to lock the door when he left for work. It was the first time it has ever happened, but according to him I always do dumb things like that. Just now I reminded him of our baby shower on Saturday and asked if he'd talked to his parents about it.. But I was "f*cked up" for the way I do things (because HE forgot) which lead to " you wouldn't even pay the bills on time if it weren't for me" which is very untrue.. But not according to him. We share all responsibilities because we both work FT.. I'm not understanding where all of this nonsense is coming from and why he has to degrade me so much. It literally kills me! I can't stand for him to talk to me that way or treat me like I'm less than him. I can't stand for my DS to see me cry(only twice but twice too many).. Because he's at the age now he understands and sneaks off to play (he's almost 3 now). I know I should leave, but its just so out of character and I would hate to rip DS from his dad and break up our family right before I give birth. I'm just so broken and so stupid to believe he could really change.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
couponluv72
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM

my heart hurts for you. you are with an abusive man. unlikely to change at thhis point. You and your children deserve better than this hon. 

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM
 *hugs* I'm sorry, but it sounds like he is going back down the dark path again.
CocoaKisses70
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Aww mama im sorry, you're none of those things he called you. Is it possible that he is using again,the change in behavior seems to maybe suggest that

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

coffeeluva
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Ok, so now he is being mean to you but you dont suspect hes using drugs? If he isnt using drugs and acting like this he could have an underlying mental illness which usually leads to drug use because they will self medicate instead of getting help. Unfortunately drug use can change someones brain chemistry and moods in which they can never come back from. Judging from the verbal abuse, drug use and physical abuse Im willing to bet he needs help for a mood disorder. If his behavior doesnt change and it does escalate into physical abuse you need to leave and not go back. You have a young son you need to protect as well as a new baby. If you have friends or family that you can stay with get out and stay away from him. You say it will hurt your son to be away from his Dad but it will hurt him to be WITH his Dad if this doesnt change. YOu tell him to get some counseling because he needs it and you need to get the hell away from him.

prettymama72106
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM

my heart breaks for you because I have been in that situation. I left I couldn't take it anymore when things were good they were amazing when they weren't they were horrible I realized that I didn't want my daughters to grow up thinking this crap was okay because I couldn't handle it if anyone treated them that way. I think you have to do what is best for you and your children. YOu are not stupid and I hope you know that. There is nothing wrong with believing someone could change or hoping they can. You deserve so much better and you need to believe that and focus on that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN