Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I used to be anorexic...

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:41 PM
  • 0 Replies

When I was a kid my family was constantly telling me how fat I was. I wasn't actually, I was average sized, but being constantly told how fat I was. As I got older it started to make me feel horrible so I cut back on my eating. By the time I got to high school, I was only eating once a week. I played basketball and I loved how the other girls would tell me how tiny I looked in the locker room. I loved when the guys in school would tell me that I looked anorexic. But through all of that my family was still calling me fat. Then my basketball team went on a weekend retreat and I ate nothing the whole time. My basketball coach was concerned and tried to talk to me about it, but I never admitted anything was wrong, so he talked to my mom. She told him that there was no way I could be anorexic because I was to fat. After that I had to quit school because my mom was constantly pulling me out of school so they couldn't sent me to the counselor. My problems with food continued until I joined the army. After that I started eating more regularly. And now I have the opposite problem: I need to lose weight, but I'm afraid to diet because I don't want to revert back to starving myself.

by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured